PDA

View Full Version : do you think racket co. will ever "back-track" ?

Kirko
05-27-2005, 02:58 PM
you know admit to making a mistake and re-introduce frames like for example Dunlop the old 200 G muscle weave instead of the monfil & hot melt crap. you bite your tongue and give the "people" what they really want; same for Head's Prestige. I wish they would.

Jonnyf
05-27-2005, 02:59 PM
no they's probs lose too much money

antontd
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Kirko, no offence, but... you are not serious? Ah, ok.

Kirko
05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
yeah, I am serious. sounds crazy, but it seems all the racket companies come up with a winner then f****k it up add something else fiddle with the balance and all of that. They hit pay dirt with a great playing frame then wreck it the next year.

NoBadMojo
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Volkl backtracked by reintroducing V-Engines. Petr Korda was using a V-Engine frame back in the day before he switched to the C10Pro. Volkl has backtracked by using fiberglass in some of their layups now which is old technology. as far as companies reintroducing a vintage model, i dont see that happening, and quite frankly, many of the old frames i dont feel hold up to the rigours of the modern game so well (too small headed, too heavy, not enough power, etc)..i realize a few of the pros still use the dinosaurs, but who knows what special layups they might be

antontd
05-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Head reintroducing the Classic Prestige? It's like saying: We've been feeding you with cra* in the last 10 years.
Well, the PS6.0 and the POG are still here. But not for long I think.

MChong
05-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Personally, I don't see anything different if they just released those with a brand new paintjob to make it look more modern and marketed it as some new technology... ha

lefty10spro
05-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Who are you people who play the PS 6.0 and POG? I have taught tennis and strung racquets in central FL for over 20 years and I never see that racquet!! Are you dinosaurs?

galain
05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe - but if it ever did happen, the frames would probably come with a completely new paintjob, name and marketing spin.

hummer23
05-27-2005, 07:34 PM
will chevy reintroduce the 69 comaro z28? no, they feel the new one is an improvement and its takien a course of eveolution to arrive at its current state. i doubt if racquet manufactures will backtrack, however they may draw on previous design ideas and technologies. only the future will tell.

POGO
05-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Who are you people who play the PS 6.0 and POG? I have taught tennis and strung racquets in central FL for over 20 years and I never see that racquet!! Are you dinosaurs?
Go over California where tennis is practically year round, and you'll still see young and old playing those frames. Those frames are timeless :)

Kirko
05-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Ditto for northern nevada went bck last summer for a visit and saw them being used.

nViATi
05-28-2005, 02:19 PM
you know admit to making a mistake and re-introduce frames like for example Dunlop the old 200 G muscle weave instead of the monfil & hot melt crap. you bite your tongue and give the "people" what they really want; same for Head's Prestige. I wish they would.
we're the minority. they are out there to make a profit and i don't blame them.