PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Direction w/ Shoes

AdamDawgDude
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
I need to buy some actual tennis shoes as my Mizuno running shoes have almost caused considerable injury a couple of times....

I'm a moderately skilled player, but fast. I held a couple of sprinting records at my high school and still move well at 31. I need something that will provide ankle support, but won't slow me down. Also, I have a high arch in my feet and need some support there (I can take care of that with an insert though).

As far as durability goes, I play 3-5 sets each week. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

thejuice
08-17-2010, 10:55 AM
The shoe I would recommend is no longer on TW's website but you can still get some. The Nike Vapor VI. Great stability, lightweight, and pretty good durability if you're only playing 3-5 sets a week.

AdamDawgDude
08-17-2010, 11:00 AM
The shoe I would recommend is no longer on TW's website but you can still get some. The Nike Vapor VI. Great stability, lightweight, and pretty good durability if you're only playing 3-5 sets a week.

Great! I'll check them out.

kimguroo
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
The Nike Vapor VI pretty good durability

I agree with most of your comment but I disagree about the durability.
Vapor VI was one of the worst outsole durability for me.

FloridaAG
08-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Different brands fit differently so the shape of your foot etc. will play a huge role in what would work best for you. I love my Prince T-22s

AdamDawgDude
08-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I agree with most of your comment but I disagree about the durability.
Vapor VI was one of the worst outsole durability for me.

I think thejuice was saying the durability would be ok because I only play once or twice a week.

AdamDawgDude
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Different brands fit differently so the shape of your foot etc. will play a huge role in what would work best for you. I love my Prince T-22s

Thanks for the input. The Prince shoe sounds to be more of a stabilizing shoe that runs a little heavy (at least that was my impression from reading the reviews). I'm looking to stay quick even if I sacrifice a little safety.

thejuice
08-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I think thejuice was saying the durability would be ok because I only play once or twice a week.

That is exactly what I was saying. I bought a couple of pairs and rotate to ensure that I will have them for a while. For the record, I also play up to five sets per week.