PDA

View Full Version : Any public club in Skokie?

doriancito
05-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey guys.....im a 15 year old tennis player i have a high tennis level for my age...i won a trip to visit some uncles at sokie for my Birthday so during the long visit i would like to go and train or maybe just play..does any one know of a public club where i can take lessons i would like ton know the price too....thanks

dfriedman5442
06-23-2005, 05:50 AM
There are several good clubs in chicago to train at but whether they will do it for a short period is another story. My son trained at Libertyville Tennis Academy in Libertyville, IL- about 35 minutes from Skokie. Another good club is the Chicago Tennis Club. Suggest you call Chicago Tennis and Golf downtown and they might have some ideas. They are next door to the Chicago Tnnis Club as well. Good luck

dennis1188
07-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Try the public claycourts near Diversey Harbour (lots of good players there), in Chicago northside near the Lakefront. There r clinics and tennis pros, during the summer season. Also ask at Advantage Tennis.

B5002
08-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't know if doriancito will be wanting to drive from libertyville to downtown just to play a little tennis.

kbui
08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, there's a fabulous tennis center on Nile Center Rd & Main in Skokie.

There are about 8 new courts fully lit until 10pm; great place to play at night since it's so bright.

Cost is only $4/hr for a Skokie resident.

Have fun!

Craig Sheppard
08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
The big boy in Chicago is the Mid-Town Tennis Club...but I'm not sure if you could take lessons w/o a membership. A lot of clubs in that area will let you drop into their drills or take some lessons though, so it's worth checking out.