PDA

View Full Version : New Machine?

william7gr
08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gamma_Progression_200_Stringing_Machine_/descpageGAMMA-GP200.html
I came across this on the TW website. Is this new i dont remember seeing this before and people usually talk about new machines right away and ive heard nothing about this. Does anyone have any experience with this it looks like an X-2 with a different base to me. Also the clamps are not show in the picture and that was always a drawback of the X-2 i wonder if there are new ones.

kevin345
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
This is the older version of the x-2. It is in the progression series of stringers. And yes it has been up there for quite a while.

Lakers4Life
08-17-2010, 09:48 PM
TW used to carry the X-series line. That machine is what I believe to be the ATS Super Stringer 2. Same machine as the X-2 with a different base. It is kinda odd TW put in the line up with all the other Gamma machine. It should be on the end after the Progression II 602.

David123
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I actually first saw it appear on TW around 2 weeks ago...I am not sure if the actual machine is new itself or not.

Gamma Tech
08-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Hi All,
i wanted to the NEW Progression 200 but have been pretty busy and forgot, until now.

it is indeed a NEW machine. we didn't have it in our line-up until this month. It give TW a entry level machine. it very similar to the X-2, except for the base. it has the same floating clamps as the X-2 but red/black in color. I know not everybody is a big fan of them but they do a decent job. our attention right now is on improving our fixed string clamps and switch our manuals from 15 year old PageMaker to InDesign.

if you have any other questions let me know.
bret

Parker512
08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah been there for a while now.