PDA

View Full Version : Comparison Between RPM Blast & Kirschbaum Pro Line 2

EasternRocks
08-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Please critique these two strings and give the pro's and con's of both. I have just switched back from RPM Blast to Pro Line. How similar are these two strings?

MarrratSafin
08-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Please critique these two strings and give the pro's and con's of both. I have just switched back from RPM Blast to Pro Line. How similar are these two strings?

RPM is the better string IMHO, but only for the first few hours. Better control, better spin, and plays more crisp than the PLII. It has the feel that I really like, similar to Volkl Cyclone and MSV Hex.

PLII does not maintain playability for too long either, however it's still a few hours better than the RPM. If you enjoyed the RPM and want a more cost effective option, Volkl Cyclone fits the bill perfectly, is 3 times cheaper and lasts 3 times as long. Try it!:)

EasternRocks
08-18-2010, 06:22 AM
RPM is the better string IMHO, but only for the first few hours. Better control, better spin, and plays more crisp than the PLII. It has the feel that I really like, similar to Volkl Cyclone and MSV Hex.

PLII does not maintain playability for too long either, however it's still a few hours better than the RPM. If you enjoyed the RPM and want a more cost effective option, Volkl Cyclone fits the bill perfectly, is 3 times cheaper and lasts 3 times as long. Try it!:)

Thank you for your input MarrratSafin. I agree with you on the fact that RPM goes dead after a few hours of play, and once you first string it, it feels great.
But I need a string that can last long because I do not string my racquets too often. Relatively once a month.

MarrratSafin
08-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Thank you for your input MarrratSafin. I agree with you on the fact that RPM goes dead after a few hours of play, and once you first string it, it feels great.
But I need a string that can last long because I do not string my racquets too often. Relatively once a month.

Welcomed.:) well, PLII won't last too long either.. I'd recommend WiessCannon, their polys lasts the longest. Signum Pro as well but their polys are muted in feel. Cyclone is another great, and cheap option.

chaddles
08-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Cyclone is excellent value, and IMO plays better than RPM Blast - I have referred a few people to Cyclone from RPM Blast and they couldn't be happier, and I have saved them a few bucks!

coloskier
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM

There isn't a poly made that doesn't go dead within 2-3 weeks. Your arm will thank you for more frequent restringing.

bfactor61
08-20-2010, 06:27 PM
i think that rpm has pretty bad tension maintenance. if you watch nadal, he uses at least 3 racquets a match

Centered
08-20-2010, 06:52 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2cpw4uo.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2j5mlw4.jpg

There you are.

Centered
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Ah, I see this is a duplicate topic.

blackfrido
08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I noticed that the chart shows that Pro line II loses tension very fast!!
Actually I'm playing lately with Pro line (red) and I'm very happy in that department. Just my 2 cents...........

Centered
08-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Take a look at the pre-stretched numbers.

Tennis_Crazed
08-22-2010, 11:12 PM
i think that rpm has pretty bad tension maintenance. if you watch nadal, he uses at least 3 racquets a match

Don't think the fact that nadal switches racquets often is a sign that it has bad tension maintenance...he does it cause he can. we'd probably not notice the difference anyways mid set

Having said that - RPM is an ok string in my opinion, but not worth the price and hype. Given the price difference, pro line 2 isn't a bad option, but just an average string as well. Does lose tension quickly, but feel good freshly strung

Comparing both directly - RPM in my opinion is a bit softer, while pro line is stiffer. to me these are pretty different feeling strings, so i'd think you gravitate towards one or the other