PDA

View Full Version : Bad paintjobs on LM Prestiges?

neutral
04-18-2004, 09:17 AM
I recently bought a LM Prestige Mid and after getting it strung, I noticed that the liquidmetal bars were not correctly aligned with eachother. I went back to the store and found that all of the lm prestige's lm bars were misaligned. Would this be counted as defective or would the playablilty be the same?

uk_skippy
04-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Hi neutral

If they arent aligned then I think you should return them. Although they may not affect the playability, with the amount of money you've shelled out I would want a good product.

I have 2 of the LM pres and the bars are ok. The only difference Ive found is that the string holes on 1 are slightly bigger than the other causing the grommet strip to come away when trying to string it.

Shane Reynolds
04-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I returned a Radical and Instinct for the same reason. Head is the one telling you that those silver bars are a radically-different material and their marketing on the Total Sweetspot Construction would make you think that it would not work right if the areas were misaligned. I don't know who to trust on quality right now. Fischer seems to be the best I've seen.

neutral
04-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the input. I don't think I can return it now that i've already strung the racquet though. Does anyone know if Head would replace the racquet for me?

Steve Huff
04-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Call Head. The thing to remember is that they are warranted against manufacturing defects. If you feel it is defective, having strung it didn't make it any less defective. So, if it is within the warranty period (which I'm sure it has to be), and you feel the racket is defective (even if it's only the paint job), return it. Head should replace it.

lajollatnsplyr
04-18-2004, 08:58 PM
i bought 2 new LM prestige and the bars are in the same spot on each side and the grommets were in the same spot...but the paint jobs were a about 1/4 inch off.

Im starting to question Head. If you read my other post. My grommets are very short on both rackets. Im calling Head directly.

Deuce
04-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Tell Head that all of your shots are landing 1/4 inch out because the 'LiquidMetal' thingies are off by 1/4 inch.

tschevap
04-19-2004, 04:04 AM
I checked it this morning in a shop! The LM Prestiges where all ok! No misaligned paintjobs, no bad manufacturing - at least not obvious!

Maybe the Prestige sold here in Germany are coming directly from Austria and yours are from China??? :D

easyco
04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
I've got a LM Prestige MP, and the paint job is off too!!

But I've noticed that the corrugations aren't misaligned, so I don't think it'll affect how the racket plays, it's just the aesthetics of the thing.

Not sure whether it's worth the effort bringing the racket back to the shop and getting it changed and everything. Here in Singapore, I'm not sure how responsive the Head office is to customer feedback - or if there even IS a head office here for that matter!

pchoi04
04-21-2004, 06:55 PM
well I have a LM radical and there not perfect either... I read in tennis magazine that they werent actually put on 2 4 8 and 10 and its put slightly on different spots to give it more pop or some crap... but yeah.... I don't think its a defect every LM racquet ive seen is like that too...

neutral
04-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Well I decided to keep the lm prestige after I played with it. Though the paintjob is flawed, the playability is great. All my shots have improved and i've found it to be one of the most comfortable racquets i've ever used.

rooski
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I don't know who to trust on quality right now. Fischer seems to be the best I've seen.

Sure, Fisher is the king of quality....if you don't count the fact that the lengths on their rackets (same model) can vary +-75mm :D

sanitarium
04-23-2004, 05:55 PM
got my LM prestige yesterday, paintjob and corrugations are aligned perfectly. :D

ProStaffTour90
04-24-2004, 12:33 PM
The actual different materials will be aligned correctly, it's just the paint, over these materials that may be a bit wonky, nothing to worry about!