PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Outlast & Tourbite. Are they any good?

Ace-Of-Spades
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I've run across a string that some college players were using that I had never heard of before. SOLINCO! The players, make that the entire D1 team, is playing with either a combination or solely one of these two; Outlast & TourBite. I looked them up & the prices a very enticing! $109 for A reel of Outlast & $155 for a reel of TourBite. I'm almost to the end of my last experimental buy, Klip K-Boom... which i have been very frustrated with, as it seems to lose tension by the minute to the point that i just cut them out.
Does anyone have playing experience with either? Is tourbite worth paying 42% more for?
I need a string that:
- lasts
- heavy spin
- isn't a pain to control depth with
- holds tension
(i string around 61 with most strings for good control over my heavy topspin)

kiteboard
08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
sppp, blackcode, and gut hold tension. Tour bite/barb wire, ashaway kev. are good for spin.

gino
08-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Go with the Outlast!

niketennispro
08-18-2010, 07:42 PM
hey gino, can you explain the characteristics of outlast and compare it to tour bite?

Centered
08-18-2010, 08:26 PM
There are lots of topics about these strings:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php

Tennis_Crazed
08-19-2010, 11:42 PM
hey gino, can you explain the characteristics of outlast and compare it to tour bite?

I think the outlast is a softer poly than the Tour Bite. Tour Bite offers better spin. I've had people prefer the outlast over the Tour Bite and vice versa..matter of opinion and what your used to. For the price Outlast is great...

NoobWannabe
08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
There are lots of topics about these strings:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php

People need to shut the hell up with the search crap, if you dont want to answer the questions then dont reply, and if you want to be helpful then link the answers.

Centered
08-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Based on what, the thrill of doing everything over and over again?

Normally I wouldn't suggest searching, but given the fact that recently there have been 6 topics about Solinco strings on the first page on an on-going basis, it shouldn't be too hard to find the answer to questions about either of these strings.

In fact, there is a topic on the first page right now with 235 posts in it. I guess we need another one!

fluffy Beaver
08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Based on what, the thrill of doing everything over and over again?

Normally I wouldn't suggest searching, but given the fact that recently there have been 6 topics about Solinco strings on the first page on an on-going basis, it shouldn't be too hard to find the answer to questions about either of these strings.

In fact, there is a topic on the first page right now with 235 posts in it. I guess we need another one!

Hypocriteeeeee

Is it going to be labeled "Classic"?

do a search!! you tell others to search yet there is a thread on this page about this..

NoobWannabe
08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
touché

PS: That's exactly what the search button is for! :twisted:

Carlito
08-20-2010, 12:57 PM

The outlast is much softer. It might be the softest poly I have ever tried. I can still hit a lot of spin with it because it pockets so well. I still like the tourbite better. A little crisper and you can really feel it grab the ball.

Centered
08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Hypocriteeeeee
Ad hominem and mockery are the two refuges of someone without a rebuttal.

The post about MT was in a totally different context, and it doesn't surprise me that some here didn't get the joke.

Centered
08-20-2010, 01:39 PM
touché
http://www.fallacyfiles.org/tuquoque.html

NoobWannabe
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
my friend plays with the solinco string i am not sure which one but it's red and he really likes it but i think it's just another string, but anyway you should try it if you are intersted asking people won really help because everyone plays and feels differently. I personally think Signum Pro is crappy but there are alot of people would disagree with me. And the D1 div players you talked about are probably sponsored with Solinco.

Centered: why the hell are still replying to this post??

genius24
08-20-2010, 07:34 PM

in term of characteristics, the tour bite is a textured poly. It is squarish in shape, and has sharp edges. the outlast is a non-textured poly and is round in shape.

the tour bite has more spin potential than the outlast, but the outlast is softer and a more durable string

niketennispro
08-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I think the outlast is a softer poly than the Tour Bite. Tour Bite offers better spin. I've had people prefer the outlast over the Tour Bite and vice versa..matter of opinion and what your used to. For the price Outlast is great...
oh alright, thanks!! ill have to try outlast, I have a sponsorship with solinco, so it shouldnt be a problem to try it out then :)

David123
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I tried Tour bite mains at 58lbs and vanquish crosses at 61 lbs and was very impressed. Everything was nice except for how arm friendly is was. I was scared to hit hard shots as I would feel a little pain in my elbow :(

Tennis_Crazed
08-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I tried Tour bite mains at 58lbs and vanquish crosses at 61 lbs and was very impressed. Everything was nice except for how arm friendly is was. I was scared to hit hard shots as I would feel a little pain in my elbow :(

You should lower the tension. I actually string the Tour Bite lower than I do Lux ALU Power as I think Tour bite holds tension better. You can use this as a reference if you like, but i always string lux below 58lbs (unless my customer is absolutely set on stringing tighter, and i can't convince him out of it) and I string Tour Bite below 55lbs. For the vanquish 60ish should be ok. take it down and see how it feels.