PDA

View Full Version : I messed up the first cross.

kevin345
08-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I accidentally started the 1st cross from the left side instead of the right. I tied the starting knot on the right side, but then i went all the way across the head and started the 1st cross from the left. It looks alright, but the starting and ending cross knots are both on the right side. Is there any problem with this? Is it safe to play tennis with it?

Buckethead
08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I accidentally started the 1st cross from the left side instead of the right. I tied the starting knot on the right side, but then i went all the way across the head and started the 1st cross from the left. It looks alright, but the starting and ending cross knots are both on the right side. Is there any problem with this? Is it safe to play tennis with it?
It is very unsafe,you can get killed with your racket.lol
Nothing will happen dude,I have done some mistakes weaving in 3 crosses ,forgot to string the last cross and my rackets are playing just as good.Only thing I noticed was a little more movement on the 3 crosses i screwed up,besides that nothing happens.

Lakers4Life
08-18-2010, 08:22 PM

No problem, I do it all the time to even out the tie off grommet wear on two piece jobs.

Irvin
08-19-2010, 03:23 AM

It all depends on what type of racket you have. If you do that with a Prince that has O ports on the side it is a big mistake. If you do that with a normal racket with regular grommets it is no big deal.

Irvin

Ash_Smith
08-19-2010, 08:20 AM
^^^ Yep the Prince O-Port racquets have a different configuration on each side of the frame with the way the pots align so it's basically impossible to string if you get it wrong. On most any other racquet it doesn't matter which way you run the first cross, Like Lakers i'll often change it depending on the condition of the grommets.

Ash

High Roller
08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Personally, it would drive me nuts knowing there was any glitch in a string job. I would re-string -- but that's just me.

Irvin
08-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Personally, it would drive me nuts knowing there was any glitch in a string job. I would re-string -- but that's just me.

All you have to do is flip the racket over and the knots are on the correct side.

Irvin

coachrick
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
All you have to do is flip the racket over and the knots are on the correct side.

Irvin
Could he just hold it up to a mirror? Or would he have to face the other way? :)

Irvin
08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Could he just hold it up to a mirror? Or would he have to face the other way? :)

I am not sure if that is in the rules. I know you can't play with two rackets but I am not sure about a racket and a mirror. But if you play the ball off the mirror you sure won't be able to get any spin on it. What if the ball knocks the mirror out of your hand and it falls on the court and breaks?

Irvin

coachrick
08-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I sure hope he remembered to pull the tie-off tails toward the backhand side of the racket. NOTHING worse than mixing THAT up! :)

Irvin
08-20-2010, 03:32 AM
All kidding aside it does not make a difference which side of the racket you tie the knots on. None what so ever. Some people may want all the knots tied off in the same place but it doesn't really matter in the least.

Irvin