PDA

View Full Version : What kind of strings HEAD RIP Control 17?

Rexking
08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Core Polyamid fibres with polyolefine ribbons outer wrap. Aren't polyamid fibres just nylon? Are they nylon, poly or synthetic?

I wonder how I should string them (hybrid or full bed? tension adjustments?) My usual setup is poly crosses and multi mains.

Thanks

Rexking
08-18-2010, 11:52 PM
My usual setup is poly crosses and multi mains.

Thanks

Sorry I meant poly mains and multi crosses.

TheRed
08-19-2010, 08:42 AM
rip control is a pretty unique string. It plays basically like a multifilament nylon string with low power. Initial tension loss is noticeable after about 1 hr of hitting, then it stabilizes. Go with a full bed and see how you like it. In crosses, rip control tends to extend the durability of mains (excluding polys and kevlar) and reduce movement.

ethebull
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
My standard string set up is SPPP 1.18 mains at 56 with RIP Control 17 crosses at 60 in a Prince Ozone Pro Tour frame. The RIP improves comfort and feel for me and is low powered / high control. Fits my preferences extremely well.

coloskier
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Can agree on the low powered/softness of the string. For those of you that tend to overhit, this is the string for you, although be prepared for breakage every 10-15 hours of hitting. But at $6 a set, it's not too bad.

InsideOutBackhand
08-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Core Polyamid fibres with polyolefine ribbons outer wrap. Aren't polyamid fibres just nylon? Are they nylon, poly or synthetic?

I wonder how I should string them (hybrid or full bed? tension adjustments?) My usual setup is poly crosses and multi mains.

Thanks

What change are you hoping for out of RIP Control? I would say it is more comfortable that poly and more durable than a typical multi. But does not provide the spin of a poly or the power of a multi. It has good control and provides consistent and comfortable feedback.

If you replace your poly crosses with RC, you could expect more comfort, about the same power, better touch at net, equal or slightly better durability (stiff poly cuts multi), but less spin. If you replace your multi mains, you could expect about the same comfort, less power, about the same touch at net, better durability, and the same amount of spin.

Tension them the same or slightly lower than a multi (lower power) and higher than a poly (lower stiffness) depending on which you are replacing. They never seem to fray on me. They just break without warning when they are ready to go.