PDA

View Full Version : BB Rough & Synthetic Gut

Glenn2215
08-19-2010, 04:53 AM
So I recently asked about and tried out the Topspin Cyber Flash and it didn't really do it for me. So I'm planning on using a Lux Big Banger Rough and Prince Synthetic Gut hybrid in my BLX 6.1 95 18x20. I would like to get peoples opinion on whether I should have the Lux in the mains or the crosses and why? And also, what tension should I should string the mains and crosses at?

I used to play with PH at 60 lbs, Prince Topspin at 63 lbs, and recently the CyberFlash at 57 lbs.

I play a baseline oriented game, but will come to the net here and there.

Glenn2215
08-19-2010, 05:02 AM
* Or should I use the lux in a full bed?

meowmix
08-19-2010, 05:21 AM
Lux in the mains. Having the crosses as lux doesn't make too much sense for a baseliner game, as the bed will feel pretty much like a syn gut bed.

Tennis_Crazed
08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Lux in the mains. Having the crosses as lux doesn't make too much sense for a baseliner game, as the bed will feel pretty much like a syn gut bed.

I agree...also i'd consider some other crosses as well. Gosen always a favorite here...and personally i like to find thicker 15L strings. you're paying a lot for the lux, might as well get some more durability, if it doesn't go dead first.

Tennis_Crazed
08-19-2010, 10:49 PM
* Or should I use the lux in a full bed?

If full poly isn't too tough on your arm, then i 100% recommend lux in a full bed. i love lux full bed, freshly strung... amazing pop, feel and spin. but this isn't worth arm pain and post-match icing (WELL, unless its an important match! hahaa)

Glenn2215
08-20-2010, 04:47 AM
I agree...also i'd consider some other crosses as well. Gosen always a favorite here...and personally i like to find thicker 15L strings. you're paying a lot for the lux, might as well get some more durability, if it doesn't go dead first.

How would Prince Topspin 15L work in the crosses? It's make up is nylon, which is similar to synthetic gut I think.