PDA

View Full Version : Warranties.

SAFMAN69
08-19-2010, 06:03 AM
How come in the UK we don't get shoe outsole warranties but in the US you guys do?

WitheringDemise
08-19-2010, 07:34 AM
You guys usually have lawn/clay courts am I correct? We have hardcourts since our courts are in public parks and hardcourts are the cheapest to maintain. There are very few lawn/clay courts in the U.S.

SAFMAN69
08-19-2010, 07:40 AM
You guys usually have lawn/clay courts am I correct? We have hardcourts since our courts are in public parks and hardcourts are the cheapest to maintain. There are very few lawn/clay courts in the U.S.

haha such a misconception! grass courts are very rare here. there are also very few clay courts.. i play on hard courts 90% of the time and i play all over england so you know.. ahah

TheRed
08-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Different type of market. In other countries, tennis is still a bit of an elitest sport, and as such, the rich can afford shoes without warranties. More accurately, warranties won't increase sales so much that the reduced marginal profits will lead to reduced overall profits. It's different in the US. Tennis is really, not expensive. I'm sure warranties change buying patterns to the point that it's more profitable to offer them. The average man looks at small savings much more than the elite.

SAFMAN69
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
That's just stupid. The majority of people i know that play tennis and myself are what you walled call the 'average' person.