PDA

View Full Version : South Pasadena,CA - Tennis anyone?

topspinlob
08-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Thought I would give this a try.. I have been hitting with some regulars who play at Arroyo Seco Park in South Pasadena,CA....but they can't play today...Is anyone interested in playing today? around 4pm?..hit me up at djgoose @ hot mail.com

otherwise.. I will be practicing my serves...hehehe

darthpwner
08-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Thought I would give this a try.. I have been hitting with some regulars who play at Arroyo Seco Park in South Pasadena,CA....but they can't play today...Is anyone interested in playing today? around 4pm?..hit me up at djgoose @ hot mail.com

I've been to Arroyo Seco a couple of times. Not to be rude, but are you Filipino? Since most of the players there that I know are Filipino.

topspinlob
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
no offense taken..yes i am filipino... but I don't play with those regulars.. I think they play on the "front courts" where this is no shade.. I usually play on the "back courts" where there is some shade...

I was hoping to go there today to see if anyone wanted to hit.. not sure how friendly they are or not....hehe

TennisLeaguePlay
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
We have a pretty dedicated community playing out of the Valley:
http://www.tennislosangeles.com

darthpwner
08-21-2010, 08:53 AM
no offense taken..yes i am filipino... but I don't play with those regulars.. I think they play on the "front courts" where this is no shade.. I usually play on the "back courts" where there is some shade...

I was hoping to go there today to see if anyone wanted to hit.. not sure how friendly they are or not....hehe

Do you know Michael Ringia? I play with him a lot. Or Carlos? I forgot his last name.

!<-_->!
08-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Do you know Michael Ringia? I play with him a lot. Or Carlos? I forgot his last name.

I know Carlos is a somewhat common name, but would this Carlos happen to be a tall, big white guy? Or at least a tall, big guy who is swinging a K90

MomentumGT
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Man I haven't hit on those courts since I was a junior 12 plus years ago maybe. How are the courts over there? Pilipino here too. :)

-Jon

topspinlob
08-22-2010, 10:44 PM

I play with guy named Mel and Mauricio.... Not sure if they play with the guys in the "front" courts"...in any case...would you be interested in playing?

darthpwner
08-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I play with guy named Mel and Mauricio.... Not sure if they play with the guys in the "front" courts"...in any case...would you be interested in playing?

Sure, but I'm only 15, so I can't drive. That's the main thing.

Maximagq
09-07-2014, 09:13 PM
4 years on. Quite impressive. Shame we never got to hit topspinlob :(

blakesq
09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I used to play paddle tennis at the Glen Alla park in Mar Vista (near venice beach). Great times. now I get to pay to play on indoor tennis courts here on the east coast!

topspinlob
09-10-2014, 08:22 AM
4 years on. Quite impressive. Shame we never got to hit topspinlob :(

matt... just figured out.. it was you "darthpwner" that replied to me a while back....hahhaha

when are you back at school?

Maximagq
09-10-2014, 08:59 AM
matt... just figured out.. it was you "darthpwner" that replied to me a while back....hahhaha

when are you back at school?

Hey I am back in school on September 26th when I move back in. I might be free early in that week hopefully. I will be going to SF until around September 16th where I will be hitting with LeeD.

topspinlob
09-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey I am back in school on September 26th when I move back in. I might be free early in that week hopefully. I will be going to SF until around September 16th where I will be hitting with LeeD.

what part of monterey park do you live in? I can usually play around 4:30-545 on weekdays...maybe we can play when you get back...

Maximagq
09-10-2014, 09:36 AM
what part of monterey park do you live in? I can usually play around 4:30-545 on weekdays...maybe we can play when you get back...

I live very close to George Elder Park near the Montebello border area.

idono1301
09-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Hey topspin, you said you work at USC? I can play on campus Tuesday and Thursdays after 5. Are you a prof?

topspinlob
09-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Hey topspin, you said you work at USC? I can play on campus Tuesday and Thursdays after 5. Are you a prof?

hit me up at djgoose@hotmail.com

I'm not a professor.. not smart enuff...hahhahah