PDA

View Full Version : difference between flexpoint radical vs liquidmetal radical?

xxrazoxx
05-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Have anyone tried both the new flexpoint radical and the liquidmetal radical? They both weigh the same and have the same string pattern. I dont know if i should pony up 50 dollars more for 2 holes in the frame. Any comments/feedback will be appreciated thnx :?:

montx
05-28-2005, 12:37 AM
I have the LM Radical MP and the FP Radical MP. I am selling them both now. The string pattern is too dense for me. I also have one FP radical tour which i like better.

I think the FP is a more control players racquet, and the LM is more power. But not to say LM doesn't have control. It does. Not to say that the FP hasn't power it does.

I just think, that one is designed more for power delivery and the other more for control.

At the end if you play with them, it will take time to adjust to either of them. The LM was too much of a racquet for me. So I let it go. I played well with it but, it didn't have the qualities i was looking for. The FP is more control at the end of the day.

But, instead of just forking out money to find what racquet suits you, you should try and ask yourself what aspects are important to you.

Read the TW reviews. And I hope some others may shed more light for you than I can.

Again, I prefer the open swing pattern of the Tour racquets than the MP.

The MP was not the right choice for me because the dense string pattern asked too much of me. It gives more control, but it feels a lot harsher than say the open string pattern.

If I were to buy all over again I might have chosen the LM Radical Tour instead of MP. And the FP Radical Tour which i have.

I hope you get more info and good luck with your choice.

Rafa Nadal
05-28-2005, 12:41 AM
i played both, now i have the Flexpoint Radical Tour. For me much better than the LM Radical Tour, because the FP has more Control, the FP playes better and easier.

the_arod
05-28-2005, 01:49 AM
I have the LM Radical MP and the FP Radical MP. I am selling them both now.

is it possible to make pics of both of them so i can compare the colors of both???

doriancito
05-28-2005, 07:27 AM
The flexpoint is a more control racquet ( i have it in OS same as liquid metal rad.) you fell the ball longer its like if time stoped with the ball on the strings and you could move the ball where ever yo cant it! The color of the flexpoint is more vivid ( ilike it more) it is a diferent orange from the radilca is a more orangy orange ;) any comments on this?

NoBadMojo
05-28-2005, 08:01 AM
the flexpoint version plays softer within the sweetspot. to me, the best part of the radical series has been sliced backhands, and i thought sliced backhands with the flexpoint just kind of sat there, and with the liquidmetal they pierced the court alot more, and were more effective. other than the above, i think they played similarly..i think it feels as though the power is less w. the flexpoint becaus it plays softer, but i think the ball speed is actually similar. radicals, to me are harder to hit with topspin, average serving, average volley, and a serious hot spot if you catch it a little lower in the stringbed than you want, but lots of people seem to like the Radical series..just not for me.

doriancito
05-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Flexpoint Rulezzzzzz !