PDA

View Full Version : Need advice regarding shoes.

rollingstoned
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Hello. I recently bought a pair of the Federer Vapor Tour's from Wimbledon a couple years ago. My issue is that I realized after buying them, they have soles made for a grass court. Will there be much of a difference in terms of feel on hard courts? I really only play outdoors at local parks, so I never play on grass or clay. Moreover, and maybe more importantly... will they be less durable on hard courts? Does the sole wear noticeably faster? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kevoT
08-19-2010, 06:40 PM
hmmm, I guess they would wear down pretty fast as they were designed for grass, but you never know! it could be perfectly fine on hard, you just have to try and see.

stangaele
08-20-2010, 04:36 AM
if the sole is made to play on grass the hard court could consume rapidly your shoe...

rollingstoned
08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. Does anyone have personal experience with this shoe?

I'd rather not try and see, because they're a fairly expensive shoe. I'd rather just resell them and get the correct pair if these will just rapidly wear down due to the hard court.

mtommer
08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I would suspect from a design aspect that they are going to wear down faster if only because grass court shoes have little nubs. The total surface area of the rubber meeting the court is going to be smaller when compared to hard court soles. Less rubber means quicker wear.