PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Promix 16 String

tennisace23
08-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Can anyone who has used this string (in the full bed) tell me their thoughts on it in general, plus how it was in terms of string movement? Thank you.

Kevo
08-19-2010, 01:22 PM
I thought it was very nice the first time out. The second time it had lost tension and played like a different string. The third time it lost even more tension and then was like a trampoline. I cut it out after that. If a string doesn't settle in and stop losing tension after an hour or so I tend to not like it. This string was one of the worst I have tried in that regard, and I don't recommend it.

As far as string movement goes, it behaves pretty much like a multi does. A little movement at first, then a lot later.

tennisace23
08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
I thought it was very nice the first time out. The second time it had lost tension and played like a different string. The third time it lost even more tension and then was like a trampoline. I cut it out after that. If a string doesn't settle in and stop losing tension after an hour or so I tend to not like it. This string was one of the worst I have tried in that regard, and I don't recommend it.

As far as string movement goes, it behaves pretty much like a multi does. A little movement at first, then a lot later.

Okay thanks for the information, that's helpful to know

DennisK
08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
TF Promix is the worst string I've ever used. No spin, no feel and a really uncontrollable response.

Cut it out after 15mins.

tennisace23
08-20-2010, 12:17 PM
TF Promix is the worst string I've ever used. No spin, no feel and a really uncontrollable response.

Cut it out after 15mins.

good to know, thanks

High Roller
08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Promix is being replaced shortly in the USA. The new string is called Duramix. It is already out in Europe, as is X-Code. Just an FYI...

High Roller
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Cut it out after 15mins.

Right. :shock: