PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon fluoro

niktub
08-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Hello,
If anybody as tried it,can you give me some feedback?
Thank you.

AR15
08-20-2010, 04:02 AM
I like it. For a poly, I find it softer with good power.

Gasolina
08-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Gave me some shoulder problems with 12.1 oz racquet as a hybrid on the crosses. I could only imagine what a full BBO would do to my arm.

kkm
08-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Gave me some shoulder problems with 12.1 oz racquet as a hybrid on the crosses. I could only imagine what a full BBO would do to my arm.

BB Original is different from BB ALU Power Fluoro, Luxilon's 1.23mm "soft"(er) poly.

Gasolina
08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
BB Original is different from BB ALU Power Fluoro, Luxilon's 1.23mm "soft"(er) poly.
That's right. If ALU Flouro would destroy my shoulder in a hybrid, what would a full bed of a much much stiffer BBO do to it?

Casey10s
08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Liked it in a hybrid set-up but would lose tension quickly. I would get 10 to 14 days before the balls were flying and I had to restring it. Played real nice though. A good string if you are one to restring often such as the pros do.

JoelDali
08-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Most under rated string on the planet.

JoelDali
08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
That's right. If ALU Flouro would destroy my shoulder in a hybrid, what would a full bed of a much much stiffer BBO do to it?

I just cannot imagine how anyone could ever get pain from Flouro.

You guys must have some wild technique going on.

Gasolina
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Yeah my coach says I serve a lot more with my shoulder than with my arm. As long as that problem persists, I'm staying away from Luxilons

Carlito
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Most under rated string on the planet.

Its underrated because no one wants to try it because it is one of the most expensive polys available. It is really nice though. It used to be my string of choice until solinco came around. I used to get fluoro really cheap though so it was certainly worth it.

MarrratSafin
08-20-2010, 04:27 PM
A bit better than the regular Alu, but still a dull feeling string with nothing except pure control.

SplitStepper
08-20-2010, 04:37 PM

Far more to it than poor technique. I wish I could say that its only poor technique that causes problems, but I've seen too much. Even hitting with gut can cause problems. Everyone is diffenent. I have to keep my tension below 35lb. Any higher and I'm out of work. As a teaching pro, my technique is pure, but the hours that I put in are taxing.

Applesauceman
08-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Its underrated because no one wants to try it because it is one of the most expensive polys available. It is really nice though. It used to be my string of choice until solinco came around. I used to get fluoro really cheap though so it was certainly worth it.

What are you using from Solinco in place of Fluoro?

ClubHoUno
08-21-2010, 02:04 PM
It's a bit soften than Alu, but for some reason I prefer straight Alu or Rough in my VS nat gut hybrids to the Fluoro.

But a real nice string though :)

JoelDali
08-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Indeed, but thats, what, $2.00 more?

Jeeeeze .... :)

Carlito
08-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I use tour bite 18 now. With Alpha Gut 18 crosses. Or sometimes Maxim Touch or Pacific Gut. Basically a really soft cross string.

@joel All I meant was most people won't pay $16 to try out a string. Especially one with no hype around it. I only pay $30 for a Mini Reel of it so for me it was a great bargain. I used Fluoro for almost 2 years. For a while I was using gut mains with the fluoro cross. I had a good run with it. Now, Im getting a little nostalgic. Maybe I should try it our on my new Rdis 200s.

LPShanet
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Hello,
If anybody as tried it,can you give me some feedback?
Thank you.

Great string. As several posters have suggested, it's a slightly softer and more elastic version of Alu Power. It's still a poly, so don't expect it to play like gut or a multi, but as polys go, it has quite a bit of zip, comfort and forgiveness. When I've given it to people blind, it's always come up as one of their favorite (if not their absolute favorite) polys ever.

Big_Dangerous
08-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Yeah but I honestly had better experiences with Luxilon than any other string I've tried, so I might just switch back to it. It is a tad expensive, but I've got a guy who strings my rackets for much cheaper than any store, plus I don't break strings at all, so I get what I want and stick with it for a while.

JoelDali
08-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I use tour bite 18 now. With Alpha Gut 18 crosses. Or sometimes Maxim Touch or Pacific Gut. Basically a really soft cross string.

@joel All I meant was most people won't pay $16 to try out a string. Especially one with no hype around it. I only pay $30 for a Mini Reel of it so for me it was a great bargain. I used Fluoro for almost 2 years. For a while I was using gut mains with the fluoro cross. I had a good run with it. Now, Im getting a little nostalgic. Maybe I should try it our on my new Rdis 200s.

Get nostalgic ... :)

Its no secret how much I love the stuff.

I believe its one of the most playable, crispy setups and has the least tension loss and dead factor of any poly.

Even after a sitting in a PT90 I hardly ever use, its still crisp and responsive and totally playable.

I'd continue the VS Team Flouro combo but I'm a tight, feisty cheapskate and just hate spending $1000 a month supporting Babolat.

So I'll just send my $ to Luxilon, I mean....Wilson.

Tennis_Crazed
08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Rather use alu power any day. Better bite and pop than fluro. Especially if you're hybriding, ALU will work better hands down!

chuckos
08-29-2010, 05:13 AM

Where do you get the mini reel of fluro for 30 dollar?