PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE SCAMMER - knguyen204

SDTENNIS
08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi,

Has anyone dealt with someone by the name of knguyen204.

He contacted me for a string trade in the middle of July. We agreed on a trade. He didn't want to waste money on confirmation so we agreed no confirmation. We both sent our strings the next day. A day later he says he sent it to wrong address and it was return. How does a packaged get returned so quickly?

Then he says he will resend next day. I ask for status and he says he asked his neighbor to send because he's out of town and be patient. A week goes by and I ask again. He tells me sorry, his neighbor didn't send. Once he's back on 8/12 he will send. I contact him after he gets back and he says he just got in and will send either last friday or this monday. I've been trying to contact him since tues and have not gotten a response from him yet.

Anyone dealt with him before? Has he scammed anyone else?

Thanks,
Andrew

Kot_Bigemot
08-20-2010, 10:02 AM
That is why i never send anything without a conformation. It is not a waste, it tells you that person sending the package is a responsible person.
Hope you get your strings.

sruckauf
08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like this is your guy.. banned earlier this year.

http://i38.tinypic.com/w972o6.gif

Like Kot said.. hope you get your strings.

flashfire276
08-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi,
A day later he says he sent it to wrong address and it was return. How does a packaged get returned so quickly?

There you go!

SDTENNIS
08-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I figure most people are honest and it's just strings. Who is going to rip you off for a couple sets of strings.

Will definitely look into references going forward.

mad dog1
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
I figure most people are honest and it's just strings. Who is going to rip you off for a couple sets of strings.

this would normally be sound logic, but unfortunately you've really got to be careful here because there are lots of kids on this forum who don't seem to know right from wrong.

sruckauf
08-20-2010, 12:21 PM

Agreed. That's pretty low.

Kot_Bigemot
08-20-2010, 12:27 PM

That is precisely right. Who is going to rip you off for 2-3 sets of string?
Only kids. They have no morals these days and their parents are either incapable or just do not want to bother teaching them. It happens more often now.
If during my HS years my dad would find out that i ripped someone off for anything...boy....to say the least, i would not be able to sit for a month. ANd that would be just a beginning.

Fearsome Forehand
08-21-2010, 08:02 AM
There you go!

Must have been sent Super Express Mail. :)

That isn't as good as when Kirby Mendes said the Canadian Post Office called him to tell him they lost his package. That was the best one yet.

flashfire276
08-21-2010, 11:56 AM
At least you got lucky. You could've lost a couple of racquets instead of a few sets up strings.

Have you tried filing a claim to the FTC? I know it sounds a bit drastic, but this is a perfect story! I mean, he said it was sent to the wrong address the VERY NEXT DAY!!! That's a straight up lie already!

flashfire276
08-21-2010, 11:59 AM
4) Don't do trades with kids and don't do trades with anyone unless they have multiple good refs. I have only done a few trades here, all with adults who had a silly amount of good refs. Mutual PP buys are a better way to go if the other party has questionable or no refs.

I'm in high school right now. I have to admit, totally true here. It's really hard to trust those types of people, because they don't really know how bad the consequences are. They just think, "HAHA! I just got some free stuff off this guy! I'm so awesome!" Next thing you know, they get pressed charges, and they say goodbye to their future.

Tar Heel Tennis
08-22-2010, 04:44 PM
A few thoughts:

4) Don't do trades with kids and don't do trades with anyone unless they have multiple good refs. I have only done a few trades here, all with adults who had a silly amount of good refs. Mutual PP buys are a better way to go if the other party has questionable or no refs.

Wow....so I guess I shouldn't bother trying to sell a few rackets I have due to the fact that I don't have any references? I am an adult (43 y.o.), and have recently come across a couple of nice frames that I don't think I'll personally play.

I do not make a practice of selling (or buying) things online, but it sounds like I shouldn't get an opportunity to try to sell legitimate products because I don't have any references?

meowmix
08-22-2010, 05:34 PM
^No. Feel free to try to sell on here. However, don't be too surprised if the buyer requests some extra precautions.

Allow me to refer you to this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=319779

A lot of good advice, and some things for you to think about. The majority of transactions here are good ones. However, there is always that chance that you'll get hit with a scammer every once in a while.

Fearsome Forehand
08-22-2010, 06:15 PM
A few thoughts:

Wow....so I guess I shouldn't bother trying to sell a few rackets I have due to the fact that I don't have any references? I am an adult (43 y.o.), and have recently come across a couple of nice frames that I don't think I'll personally play.

I do not make a practice of selling (or buying) things online, but it sounds like I shouldn't get an opportunity to try to sell legitimate products because I don't have any references?

Selling is one thing, trading is another. Selling/buying is less risky than trading as at least one has whatever protection (not much) PP affords. Trades are studies in pure trust (blind trust if the other person has no refs.)

Feel free to sell away. Although, I'll warn you this is not the greatest place to sell as the cheapskate/flake factor is enormous; sort of like Craigslist in that respect. No fees here but you often pay for the privilege in grief and frustration. I hardly ever sell here anymore because it isn't worth the hassle. Not a bad place to buy though.

SDTENNIS
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Kaleb isn't a scammer.

I did recieve the strings. It took over a month of emails to get it, but I did get it.

Fearsome Forehand
08-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe not technically a scammer. However, given all the grief he put you through (and all the lying about having shipped the strings already) anyone who does biz with him in the future is an idiot.

I think the ONLY reason you got the strings is because you outed him as a scammer/unreliable last week. If not for that, I think you would still be getting jerked around.

Glad to hear you finally got the strings after a month and a hundred emails. Another great TT deal. :)

Chanto
08-28-2010, 08:33 AM
That is precisely right. Who is going to rip you off for 2-3 sets of string?
Only kids. They have no morals these days and their parents are either incapable or just do not want to bother teaching them. It happens more often now.
If during my HS years my dad would find out that i ripped someone off for anything...boy....to say the least, i would not be able to sit for a month. ANd that would be just a beginning.

Now that's unnecessary. I hold pride in being an honest teenager, no need to slander us as a group.

Kot_Bigemot
08-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Now that's unnecessary. I hold pride in being an honest teenager, no need to slander us as a group.
Hi there neighbor.
I did not say ALL kids were bad, i said that it happens more often these days.

diredesire
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Kaleb Nguyen is not a scanner. He, in fact, sent more strings than arranged to compensate for the bad transaction. What happened was that he had the strings ready to be shipped, but they were accidentally packed in a suitcase for a trip out of the country. Thus, making the deal over a month.

Please see the rules about multiple user names.