PDA

View Full Version : NoBadMojo or other Volkl experts: C10 Xtended?

cbcr
05-28-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm a 3.5-4.0 all-court player. I currently play with a T10 Mid V-engine and like it very much. However, particulary when playing on clay, l find it a bit too demanding and feel I need to work very hard to get good spin and find the sweetspot. Power on my serve is also an issue. The other day I had a chance to play for an hour with a C10 Xtended and found it an excellent racquet. I served great with it and it felt very comfortable from the baseline. It seems to have a very large sweetspot (at least larger than the one of my T10MidVE). The only weakness that I found was at the net: the racquet felt a bit unstable particularly when volleying against hard hit balls. This could perhaps be fixed by adding a bit of lead tape.
So, before I venture out and try to buy one (my understanding is that they are very difficult to find now) I'd like to hear some feedback from people that have tried it out. One concern I have is that I have a 1 HBH that tends to break down from time to time and I am afraid that the extra length of this racquet might make things worse in this area. BTW: I have also tried the regular C10 Pro and liked it, however it doesn't give me any substantial improvement over my T10MidVE.

Brent Pederson
05-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I agree, excellent stick. Same feel as the c10 but a bit lighter, more maneuverable, and more pop on the serve. One of my all time favorite sticks. I have a couple and I'm never letting them go...

NoBadMojo
05-28-2005, 10:48 AM
the c10X is a nice bat if you happen to like longer frames. you may find it not to volley well more because of the length than the weight..you may volley worse with this by adding weight as it will become more cumbersome. also think you are correct about extended frames and one handers unless you are ollie rochus or something ;). yes, the sweetspot on the 10series mid-pluses is enormous. i think the 10ve-mid is a great frame, but it's alot of frame for your skillset..i'm a 5.5 and loved this frame except on the dirt, there is no way i was precise enough on return of serve to be effective with this frame. i'm playing well with and enjoying the Tour10MP-VE, and you may wish to try that one if you can handle the swingweight..it swings a bit heavier than the specs. i suggest you pick 3 frames to demo..there really is no reason i can think of to limit yourself to a hard to find frame which is/was available only in Europe when there are many nice frames that are easy to find? From the Volkll family, try the frame i use, the Tour10MPGen2, and if you can wait, i am hearing great things about the upcoming V1DNX frame. the V1Classic is a great frame. good luck.