PDA

View Full Version : M2 Pro, Adren and RPM

chizzle
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
So I decided to go the cheap route thinking, a hybrid the way to go. I bought Super Smash 17 and OG Micro 16 (crosses). I grew to like it, even though there wasn't a lot of feel. I'm about half way through the reels...

I like to tinker, so I decided to give the fully poly a go.

So I loved the M2 (17g), it had great feel and good control. But it's so dang expensive. Lasted a good while, probably 8 - 10 hours ?

I got a sample pack to play test "EN11A0", which I believe is Adrenaline; not sure on gauge ( 18g? ). To me this feels great. Crisp and nice feedback. BUT, it broke after 3 sets of doubles and a set of singles. 3.5 hours of play ?

So, now I'm trying the 17g RPM Blast and it's softer, not crisp (to me), definitely puts some good action on the ball. But, not sure how I feel about it. Coincidentally, I played pretty well today before I gave out in the second set (too much work travel :) ), so I'm not sure how "unhappy" with RPM either.

BLX Tour 90 - all strung at 60lbs.

So, given that I am liking a "crisper feeling" poly, what else might I like out there?

Thanks for any input/advice...

Jonny S&V
08-20-2010, 11:22 PM
So I decided to go the cheap route thinking, a hybrid the way to go. I bought Super Smash 17 and OG Micro 16 (crosses). I grew to like it, even though there wasn't a lot of feel. I'm about half way through the reels...

So I loved the M2 (17g), it had great feel and good control. But it's so dang expensive. Lasted a good while, probably 8 - 10 hours ?

I got a sample pack to play test "EN11A0", which I believe is Adrenaline; not sure on gauge ( 18g? ). To me this feels great. Crisp and nice feedback. BUT, it broke after 3 sets of doubles and a set of singles. 3.5 hours of play ?

So, now I'm trying the 17g RPM Blast and it's softer, not crisp (to me), definitely puts some good action on the ball. But, not sure how I feel about it. Coincidentally, I played pretty well today before I gave out in the second set (too much work travel :) ), so I'm not sure how "unhappy" with RPM either.

So, given that I am liking a "crisper feeling" poly, what else might I like out there?

I don't want to sound like I push the string of my choice a lot, but Topspin Cyberflash is a pretty crisp poly (might be one of the most crisp polys out their, up there with PH/PHT in my opinion), and it still has good feel (for a poly) and spin (for a co-poly). Some people don't like the plasticky feel, but those I know that like the string swear by it. Definitely worth a try.

chaddles
08-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Ive used the BLX90 (and K90) to try out a lot of strings, and the best 2 strings by far for these racquets were M2 Pro and ALU Power - strung in the low to mid 50's these strings really play well in this.

Other nice strings were Touch Turbo 17, PLII 17, Poly EXP - but the real standout were Cyclone 17 & Hyperion 17.

chizzle
08-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Cool. Thanks for the replies. It's nice to have a little more to go on.

LPShanet
08-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Some fairly crisp, but forgiving polys worth trying: Tecnifibre Black Code, Luxilon Alu Power Fluoro 123, Solinco Tour Bite, and maybe even thin gauge Pro Hurricane Tour (17).