PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro Drive or Flexpoint Tour?

Rafa Nadal
05-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys,
I have both racquets here, i want to choose one for me, but i dont know which.
On the Aeropro i like:
-The super Power
-The easy way to get spin
-feels very good in my hands
What i not like:
-litte to light
-not so good control

On the FP TOUR i like:
The good serve
The very very good control
I make not so much unforces Errors with him
What i not like:
Little bit under powered for me
My arm get tired after 2 hours

I dont know which racquet i should pick, both are fantastig but which is the holy grale for me?

Michelangelo
05-28-2005, 08:36 AM
I've tried Flexpoint Radical Tour and I really like every single aspect of it except the sound when I hit the ball. The sound still somewhat indicate there's some metal in the frame. That's why I stick with my nSix-One Tour 90, but this is totally personal preference.

For the power vs. control, I'd go for more control and do more gym regularly (since it's easier than trying various strings, hybrid and different tensions and hope it can solve the control issue of the racket).

Power Game
05-28-2005, 11:24 AM
I've used both extensively and chose the FP.

USCfan
05-28-2005, 12:00 PM
How old are you?

andfor
05-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Not to throw you off or anything but have you tried the Pure Storm? If you try the Storm and find it light, add a little lead under the handle. It may be the middle ground between the Aero and the FP. Good Luck.

USCfan
05-28-2005, 01:31 PM
You could always add lead tape to an AP Drive...

federer_nadal
05-28-2005, 05:34 PM
i have been getting mega elbow and shoulder problems with my flexpoint tour
Yeh shows how much a flexible 12oz frame stops elbow probs

Rafa Nadal
05-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Iam 18,
@PowerGame why you not choose the Aeropro?
Which racquet i should choose?
I dont have a idea

USCfan
05-29-2005, 06:46 AM
PG doesn't like the feel-he said it feels "dead." What racquet did you use previously? PG uses the LM prestige mid, so just from that, you can see why he'd like the Flexpoint Tour more than the lighter, more powerful AP Drive.

Anyway, I prefer the AP Drive + because of the extra power it has if I need it. Try adding some lead tape to an AP, then see if that makes it any better. If not, you should probably get the flexpoint.

Rafa Nadal
05-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Ok should i put lead tape in the 6o clock position or?
Maybe i try 10 grams

USCfan
05-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Sure, just experiment until you're happy.

Power Game
05-29-2005, 07:36 AM
@PowerGame why you not choose the Aeropro? Which racquet i should choose? I dont have a idea

I play with the prestige mid line and I like heavier more flexible racquets. The Babolat didn't really feel dead but it didn't have much feel. Also, for some reason, even though it is powerful I can hit much harder with the prestiges and FP tour. If you are strong enough and have good technique go for the FP tour. I switched from the Wilson PS Tour 90 16x19 to the prestige 18x20, partly because i broke strings too fast in the open pattern. I'm trying to get rid of my FP tours and get the non tour version and add weight to it.

Rafa Nadal
05-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Do you know why Nadal doesnt hit the balls on the lines?
He punched the balls ver often in the court middle.
I think he does this, because with the Aeropro you cant play so precise, or?
I played today with both racquets, with the FP i have much more control, maybe it changes with a little bit LEad Tape