PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid String Combinations

Rob1
08-21-2010, 10:04 AM
What is the best Hybrid String combination?

I use Solinico Revolution/NXT at 38/35 with Wilson K Factor and
get good results.

ice812
08-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I have VS Team in the mains and RPM Blast in the crosses in my Pure Storm Tour GT Plus.

ClubHoUno
08-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Only hybrid that works in the world - VS Team 17 mains and Alu Power Rough or Alu Smooth in the crosses.

All other hybrids sucks big time.

I just tell you the truth - ignore all the other posters suggestions in this thread. My hybrid is the only one that works !!!!

fgs
08-22-2010, 01:04 AM
clubhouno,
we've both been around this forum for a while. i do really appreciate your expertise and even if we sometimes get to different conclusion regarding strings we both know that it's the different frames we're playing, the different tensions we employ and last but not least the different stroke mechanics.
i have never played the vs team with alu power. vs team i have played in my ambitious youth in the donnay borg pro's and i'm surely going to try the luxilons sometime soon, but that's another story.
the point is that i was able to "read" your line about the only hybrid that works and all the others suck as you intended to say it BECAUSE i've been around much longer than the op which is very new to the forum. therefore it is possible that your statement was misleading for him. of course now all things have been cleared (in my opinion).
best wishes and looking forward to your inputs on any tread we will happen to meet.

beerntennis
08-22-2010, 04:34 AM
I have tried all sort of hybrids, and The Best Hybrid Combo for me is VS Tonic 16 in the Mains and Lux Banger Rough 16 in the crosses.

Gut in mains gives me a softer feel with my frame and helps out with my arm problems. This set up also lasts longer then the reverse. Its expensive, but well worth it.

Happy Hunting Mate!

headyoutekline
08-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Wilson Champion's Choice - Wilson Natural Gut + Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough

Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour + Babolat VS Natural Gut

Babolat RPM Blast + Babolat VS Natural Gut

MarrratSafin
08-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Wilson Champion's Choice - Wilson Natural Gut + Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough

So we have all the top pros' setups here? Sharapova, Roddick, Fed. Nope.:neutral: most expensive and what pros use doesn't mean the best. Luxilon and Babolat polys are absolutely the worst strings to have in hybrids, they go dead within 5 hours. A waste of good gut and money.

headyoutekline
08-22-2010, 05:19 AM
sharapova? O_O"

headyoutekline
08-22-2010, 05:19 AM
So we have all the top pros' setups here? Sharapova, Roddick, Fed. Nope.:neutral: most expensive and what pros use doesn't mean the best. Luxilon and Babolat polys are absolutely the worst strings to have in hybrids, they go dead within 5 hours. A waste of good gut and money.
Luxilon worst string to have in hybrid? Your a joke.

MarrratSafin
08-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Sharapova has RPM Blast in mains and VS is crosses. Luxilon in hybrid is a complete waste of gut and money for non sponsored players and I meant every single word I said. No jokes here sorry.:wink:

headyoutekline
08-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Sharapova uses RPM Blast? O_O"

MarrratSafin
08-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Sharapova uses RPM Blast? O_O"

Right now she does, yes. It used to be Luxilon M2 Pro.

headyoutekline
08-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Right now she does, yes. It used to be Luxilon M2 Pro.

Wow, had did you find out? Does she use a Head YouTek Radical also? Mmm ... RPM Blast; Sharapova ... Don't you need to be a spin extremist to make the most of RPM Blast?

armsty
08-22-2010, 06:36 AM

And you've used none of these.

TheSubdude
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I use ALU Power 127 Spin in the mains and Prince SynGut 16 crosses at 54/60 in a Prince 03 Tour Hybrid. I love the feel and spin.