PDA

View Full Version : hybrid question !

t-swede
08-21-2010, 01:22 PM
hello i have tried a hybrid with tecnifibre red code mains and tecnifibre multifeel crosses at 55/57 pounds tension on a instinct tour xl and this setup was really nice , but the problem is that cross string broke pretty quickly what can i do to make it last longer all input welcome !

cheers the swede

fgs
08-21-2010, 01:28 PM
look for another cross string! i also tried multifeel and was through it within 3 (!!!) hours. crosses usually last me about 8-9 hours. currently i play the mantis power synthetic as cross string and get to 12 hours, but i can't tell you how it blends with the red code. i played the red code with wilson sensation 1.25 and isospeed professional 1.20 and liked both combinations - they lasted me around 8 hours both!

t-swede
08-21-2010, 02:21 PM
look for another cross string! i also tried multifeel and was through it within 3 (!!!) hours. crosses usually last me about 8-9 hours. currently i play the mantis power synthetic as cross string and get to 12 hours, but i can't tell you how it blends with the red code. i played the red code with wilson sensation 1.25 and isospeed professional 1.20 and liked both combinations - they lasted me around 8 hours both!

thanks buddy !

federalprassi
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
surprised no one mentioned this, string savers.

fgs
08-22-2010, 01:24 AM
when i used to play with full multi (nxt tour 17) i used string savers (the wilson ones) and while they changed a little bit the feel of the stringbed, they were worth the investment cause they more than doubled the string life.
my experience with multifeel was that within those three hours it lasted the damage to it was not done by it's rubbing against the mains but on the contact surface with the ball. i must admit that in all my trials with different strings this has never happenend to me and i'll ssometimes soon will order another set of multifeel in order to check if i didn't simply get a defective (old or whatever) set. i used the set in two hybrids and the same thing happened, so the only possibility is that this was a defective set, which i assume since it really felt dead from the very first strike on both hybrids, and the mains have been polys of the more lively kind.

Tennis_Crazed
08-22-2010, 10:20 PM
surprised no one mentioned this, string savers.

AGree - i suggest stringsavers to those that don't want to use fully poly for durability, and like hybrids, but go through it very quickly