PDA

View Full Version : Help!Do I need a stringer?

Parker512
08-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I got offered an eagnas flex 100 used with tools no string for $115. Should i take it i have to ask my parents because i dont have a paypal account and will have to use there's. I got a new raquet end of April have'nt broken the string i dont know what strings feel like when there dead. So should i get it is it a good buy for me. The string i use which i cant find anymore is Dunlop synthetic gauge 17. Raquet Babolat Drive z light the new one. I do have the money and it includes shipping.:confused:

Parker512
08-21-2010, 05:05 PM
I voted you dont need it to get other people to vote.

Nuke
08-21-2010, 05:12 PM
For four dollars more, you can get a brand new one with a reel of string. Google it. That's not a good price for a used one.

desertgeezer
08-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I got offered an eagnas flex 100 used with tools no string for $115. Should i take it i have to ask my parents because i dont have a paypal account and will have to use there's. I got a new raquet end of April have'nt broken the string i dont know what strings feel like when there dead. So should i get it is it a good buy for me. The string i use which i cant find anymore is Dunlop synthetic gauge 17. Raquet Babolat Drive z light the new one. I do have the money and it includes shipping.:confused:

I've never heard anything good about any Eagnas product. Made in China and poorly constructed. I've never heard anything good about their customer service either. Sorry.

I string all my rackets on a Klippermate stringer. I use the bottom of the line Klippermate and it does a fantastic job every single time I use it. I love it. It's heavy duty and sturdy, and will last forever. Comes ready to go right out of the box. Also comes with about five or six packages of strings. You can get them for $139 plus shipping.

Parker512
08-21-2010, 05:31 PM
For four dollars more, you can get a brand new one with a reel of string. Google it. That's not a good price for a used one.

Iknow that doesent include shipping though.

pyrokid
08-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Why are you even considering this?

Didn't you say you break like three times a year or something?

Meaning it won't pay itself off for like years.
Wait until you break more.

Parker512
08-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I would'nt be stringing just for myself though i know somebody else who play tennis maybe i could string his raquets too.

g.hull
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
you.dont.need.a.stringer.if.you.dont.break.strings .

masterxfob
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
get a stringer, maybe not the used one that isn't exactly a bargain, but do get one. it's good to know how to string your own rackets. especially when you start breaking strings more often and/or you feel like experimenting with different strings. that and you can earn a bit of spending money.

airman88
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I agree it is worth it just for consistency and the fact that you don't need to depend/wait for a stringer. Just make sure you are not an idiot and will be able to string (its not hard but not completely idiot proof).

Parker512
10-18-2010, 03:42 AM
yeah im getting either a new klipper or an x-2 wow the wierdest threads come back to life.