PDA

View Full Version : Yonex super RQ 1000 long racquet

mx2so
04-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Looking for a backup racquet. I am using a Yonex super 1000 long with 4-1/2 grip size. Interested in the same racquet or something similar. Will consider RQ Ti2000 or MP 7.

Please help.

Mike
mx2so@comcast.net

Excellounge
04-18-2004, 03:14 PM
First of all, you're brave to admit that you are using such a snowshoe!! :wink: But if it works, why change right.

I am using the RQ Ti 2000 (110) also with 4 1/2 grip size. With this racquet my game only got better and better. Although I must admit that it's quite light (I put some lead inside the handle) control and stability is quite good for such a racquet. Groundstrokes are really great with it. You can really pound away when you can, without really overhitting. And also devensively, you can get great depth with it. On the serves, I have sometimes a little trouble. But that's because my serve is really a weakness that I have to overcome. Also on the volleys, it's quite nice. My volleys are not the best, but ok. So you don't find me that often over there.

For what it's worth, my level is something between 3.5 and 4.0 I guess.

bismark
04-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Good for you. At least you're using what's comfortable for you, and NOT swayed by those players' racquet zealots in this board.

You don't see many RQ 1000s around anymore. Discontinued I guess. A real jumbo, smaller in size only to Gamma's Big Bubba. I remember Tennis Magazine came up with a review of the RQ 1000 back in 96 or 97. As described - huge head, light weight, very head heavy and "Rock of Gibraltar" stability!