PDA

View Full Version : Shall i switch???

tschevap
04-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi!
Currently i am using a Prince Warrior, but i do not feel very comfortable from the baseline! As the claycourtseason is coming up, i am thinking about switching to the Babolat Pure Control! The Warrior gives me great touch and feel, but it feels very shaky from the baseline and urges me to rush the net at every occasion there is! On clay this is not too often - so i playtested heavier frames! I tried the Fischer ProOne, but did not like it! The Pure Control seems to be close to what i need! What do you think about the Pure Control and the Pure Control MP - arent they too stiff??!! The Warrior ist somewhere in the high sixties but feels definetly softer!!! Is the PC the weapon, i need to stand the tests on clay???
The string pattern seems quite dense! Is topspin-creating a problem?
I play an aggressive game and do not hesitate to come to the net! Do you consider the PC to be good enough at the net (the PD is nothing there!)...
I had shoulder problems as i played with a too heavy stick before (RD7)...the weight of the PC seems ok!
I do not like to add lead tape - maybe this would help me and the Warrior but i just dont like it! So the frame has to be perfect as it is! Is this the PC????

Thank you!!!

all-court-loser
04-18-2004, 10:48 AM
arenīt you that crazy german that switches rackets quite a lot?
stick with your warrior and add some weight to it.
and by the way: never wear that puma shirt again!!! :D

tschevap
04-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Du bist doof! :wink:

matchpoints
04-18-2004, 11:19 AM
join the Babolat Bandwagon like i am. Get a PC! Mine are coming in on TUESDAY!!!

all-court-loser
04-18-2004, 11:41 AM
:shock:
lm prestige mp!!!!

NoBadMojo
04-18-2004, 12:37 PM
hi i've been trying to use the warrior on the dirt too and have the same problems as you from the backcourt. i can spin the ball like crazy w. it but the ball just kind of sits there especially on the backhand and says to my oppnent...'here..eat this ball up' ;) i am going back to my volkl tour10mps which hit a much heavier ball on the clay. you have to be on rhythm w. this bat though especially when serving. if you are, you can hit a heavy ball on the dirt. the warrior does play softer than its stiffness number indicates. in my opinion to hit a heavy ball on clay, you need a heavier racquet. i would suggest tour10mp or the c10pro from the volkl family. ed

mary fierce
04-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Add some weight to the Warrior (as I did to good effect a few years ago) or get a heavier racquet. What's the mystery about this?

K!ck5w3rvE
05-21-2004, 12:32 AM
yeh do what mary fierce says. add weight frst and play around with different weights and balances. I suggest you get a reel of lead tape from TW in 1/4 inch. You can find it by searching for it.....lead tape reels

tschevap
05-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks for your ideas! I sold all my Warriors and switched to the Bab PC Standard. It solved all my problems. Now i have a hugely improved baseline game on clay!

Thanks again...