PDA

View Full Version : isospeed baseline spin string 17

kevoT
08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
why is this string so cheap? though I have heard some pretty good things about it, so I'm considering using it after my experiment with vs gut hybrids.
what do you guys think about this string?

fgs
08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
it is a very interesting string - plays soft, has a good level of power and spin, control is pretty good for the first 4 hitting hours. you then get into some small trouble due to tension loss but it stays playable. i got some 7-8 hitting hours with it strung at 23kg mains in my 106 nblades and liked it pretty much. the last hour though was not so good anymore, the level of control fell so that i started to spray balls.
in europe it sells for 50-60 euro/reel and in this price range i get the mantis power poly which is better, but i saw that they sell it in the us for some 40 usd/reel - at this price it is unbeatable in my opinion.

federalprassi
08-22-2010, 07:04 PM
great string at an even better price, but tried it before you buy a reel.

meowmix
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Agreed: see if you can get someone to cut you a set to try out before you buy a reel. It's a very nice poly, and one of the softest polys out there. IIRC, it has a stiffness rating below 200.

Although, if you're going to be trying it out in VS hybrids, you may want to consider something with better tension maintenance.

Jonny S&V
08-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Agreed: see if you can get someone to cut you a set to try out before you buy a reel. It's a very nice poly, and one of the softest polys out there. IIRC, it has a stiffness rating below 200.

Although, if you're going to be trying it out in VS hybrids, you may want to consider something with better tension maintenance.

Agreed. When in a pinch, it does act as a good filler if you don't have a whole lot of money in your pocket.

kevoT
08-23-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm planing to getting my own stringer later in the year, after I save for a Dunlop 4d 200, though it depends on how cheap I can get a stringer for, because running on pocket money takes a while to save up.