PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Re-String Service Question

cpajack
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm totally new to hybrid string setup, I'll definitely bring my racquet and strings to one of the pro shop for service in my local area this week.

So I ordered 2 set of strings, both are 12.2m long. Should I cut each of the string in half (6.1m) and bring it to have re-string service? (BTW my racquet is 100 sq inch)

meowmix
08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Each racquet requires a different amount of string. That being said, most rackets require 2 lengths of 20 ft (6.1m) string for a hybrid. Alternately, you can just take both sets of string to your stringer and ask for the unused half sets.

jim e
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
It can depend on the type of string used, as some strings stretch more than others, , type of racquet, and type of machine used to string, if the remainder of string can reach tension head of the machine, as some racquets require 21' for mains, but by and large 20' will suffice for a good # of those racquets/ strings, but there can be times that 20' can be cutting it very close, and a starting clamp can come in handy when that happens to be able to finish the job.