PDA

View Full Version : Volkl users

TennisMD
05-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Recently I have been playing with the Aeroprodrive, quite successfully. MY serve is my game, quite simply when my serve is on Iwin if it is off I lose. Unfortunately I am experiencing some forearem tenderness. I have stashed away a tour 10 MP, now discontinued and some Volkl C 10 pros(98), but I have to restring them. Before I invest in that which better suites my game, 4.o to 4.5 serve and volley doubles, now outdoors on clay and aggresive baseline. The reason I gave up the Volkls is I believe my level of play was lower at that time. I also have a NCode 6.1 95. So thoughts on rkts

louis netman
05-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Get rid of the Bab and stay away from any Wilson with the numbers "6.1"
If you want to continue playing, become accustomed to hitting with flexible frames and play around with strings and tension. Volkl C10, T10 MP, VE & GenII are all outstanding, arm friendly sticks...PK Ki5 and 5g are also stiffer "arm-friendly" sticks (mainly due to the kinetic system). You'll need to get used to the sound of sand swishing around in your frame, though...

Michelangelo
05-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Yup. You can also try Yonex RDX series as well. Pretty elbow friendly.

montx
05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Volkl surprised me how good it really is.

LafayetteHitter
05-29-2005, 01:29 AM
So far my favorite Volkl racquets are
Tour 10 MP Gen 2, just finished a playtest including this one for TW that I am sending to Chris this weekend.
The V1 Catapult Midplus and the V1 Classic are both outstanding frames that are arm friendly as well if you want a bit more power.

Scott

TennisMD
05-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Thank you for the input so far. More specific question, of the two the C 10 pro and the tour 10 MP which do you feel is a better serving wepon, the t 10 review gave it a poor rating re the serve, as in my origional post my sevre is my game. So do most of you agree with the TW review and if so is the C 10 a similar poor serving rkt.

NoBadMojo
05-29-2005, 10:39 AM
these arent poor serving racquets....they do take good technique and rhythym to get the most out of them however (i'm not saying you have poor technique, but sometmes you have to practice and spend the time with a frame to get the best out of it)..they are racquets that will support whatever you have to give them including a good serve, but they dont artificially enhance your serve like say a pd+.

TennisMD
05-29-2005, 10:56 AM
NoBadMojo:
Point taken, however curious as the TW reviewers are 5.0 to 5.5 and gave the tour 10 a poor grade obviously everyone is enttiteld to their opinion. So in your experience do you favor the C 10 or the tour 10 without any modifications. Also wht is your take on the N code 6.1 95

NoBadMojo
05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
i was able to serve well with the t10mp gen1, but had to work with the frame (particularly rhythym) to get it to give me what i wanted it to. i had a similar opinion of the frame as the playtesters initially but liked the frame so much i decided to take however long it took to learn to use it, and i worked on my serve and could get the frame to y serve and t serve great, kick up in a heavy sort of way and generally hit my spots with enough pace to ace..it took me a couple months of working with this frame to be able to do that...i am of the opinion that the serve is the first to go when you change frames and it takes longer to get the serve going with a different frame than anything else in general (maybe that is one reason why so many players are better groundstrokers than servers) i think the c10 is a bit better to serve with than the tour10mp ( i assume you are talking the older t10 and not the Gen2?) i think the Gen2 serves really well as does the t10MPVE, and think they both serve better than the Gen1 or C10. i've no experience w. the nCoder you mention.

Morpheus
05-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey, Mojo, exactly what is different about the Gen II versus the Gen 1? Sounds like a minor update instead of a next generation type of change...

07Tennis
05-29-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't know the difference between the generations 1 and 2, but I play with the original t10MP. The thing with the serve is that just like every other racquet you just need the racquet speed. Its a heavier racquet and throughout the course of a match, it may become tiring to continue to swing. I also played with the c10 and still prefer the t10. As with any racquet, it takes some time getting used to. Stick with whatever you think will best fit your game and keep you away from injury.

NoBadMojo
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
right Morpheus.....all these changes companies do to these types of frames are pretty minour in nature. there isnt really a deficiency in a frame like the T10MP Gen1...it's a keeper, and i would still be happily using them if i didnt need to be hitting with something from the current lineup. quite simply the differences i noted between the two are the Gen2 is easier to swing fast, serves a bit better, but the trade off is that it doesnt hit as heavy a ball as the Gen1..the cosmetics on the Gen2 are great and the Gen1 pretty dated if that is impt to someone. often if you are able to improve a frame in a certain area, you lose something in another area..at some point it becomes strictly a function of physics...this racquet is a tweak i think...a good tweak though.

Morpheus
05-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Thought so. Thx.

With regard to topic...one of my frustrations is that I want a lower powered, flexy frame for my groundies, but want more juice on my serve. If I go with a tweener or a stiffer frame, my control suffers, but if I go with a low powered frame (ala T10), I don't get as many free points off my serve and my second serve sometimes sits up.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this particular problem...

NoBadMojo
05-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Morpheus i think it is common what you say..however a frame like the T10 is a powerful thing when strung mid tension w. a lively string. sometimes you get a good compromise by a string and tension well matched to the frame for you, but you need to be able to create the headspeed to produce the spin to control the power. Also, when in a quandry like this, i think the usual right answer is to go with the frame that is good at everything but best supports your strengths and go to work on your weaknesses. 07 makes a good point about racquethead speed i think...the t10 takes good technique to swing it fast..people need to use something they can swing fast for as long as their sessions last when they play a better player.

VolklVenom
05-29-2005, 03:15 PM
The T10 VE mid is a sensational stick as far as control. Whack some lead on the head (as the frame feels a little head light) and you have a great groundstoke orientated racquet that has heavy pop on the serve.

CTPark
05-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Guys, I have been using c10 for years before I started having elbow problem then I switched to lighter tour 8. My arm got better and i needed more control racquett for the accurate shots, so I tried tour 9, tour10, tour 10v then I tried ncode 95. I found ncode 95 is an excellent racqette. It improved my stroke right away. Serve is the greatest strength of this racquet in my opinion. Suddenly my serve became my strength in my games. Now since I changed my racquet to ncode95, I keep winning most my collegues that I couldn't before. I recommend ncode 95 if you want to improve your serve. You will not regret the change even for the ground stroke. (I tried tour 90 but it was too much for me. I realized i am not Roger)