PDA

View Full Version : Demo Racket Strings?

GarrettReid
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I've got a BLX 6.1 Tour i'm demoing right now. I love the power, speed, control, blah, blah. I was curious though if when I do decide to buy one and string it up with some RPM Blast or Tour Bite would I see a drop in performance in any area?

Short Question: Is RPM Blast and Tour Bite better in every way then the cheap stuff they have on the demo?

Doubles
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
No. Those are poly strings, which have terrible tension maintenence. In that respect the crap synthetics that are in demo rackets are better...

pvaudio
08-24-2010, 08:16 PM
No. Those are poly strings, which have terrible tension maintenence. In that respect the crap synthetics that are in demo rackets are better...This isn't even relevant since there is no way to tell how long the strings have even been in the demo racquet. OP, if you've been using one string type for a while, then the only difference that you'll feel is the difference between the two types of strings that you put in the new racquet. Put in other terms, if you string the new racquet with the same strings as your old racquet, then the different feel is 100% racquet and not strings. The two things I just said are contradictory, but they're actually identical situations if you think about it: you like a stick with unknown string a lot more than your current frame with your favorite string. Therefore, the difference by default must be the racquet since if you played with the demo string in your current stick, then you wouldn't like it as much. With that said, the racquet should only feel better to you (with a few exceptions where a certain frame just doesn't feel good with certain types of string i.e. a very soft frame with a stiff poly).

GarrettReid
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
No. Those are poly strings, which have terrible tension maintenence. In that respect the crap synthetics that are in demo rackets are better...

Well is durability the only advantage the demo string has to the others? I'm new to tennis so durability isn't a huge problem for myself.

GarrettReid
08-25-2010, 11:08 AM
This isn't even relevant since there is no way to tell how long the strings have even been in the demo racquet. OP, if you've been using one string type for a while, then the only difference that you'll feel is the difference between the two types of strings that you put in the new racquet. Put in other terms, if you string the new racquet with the same strings as your old racquet, then the different feel is 100% racquet and not strings. The two things I just said are contradictory, but they're actually identical situations if you think about it: you like a stick with unknown string a lot more than your current frame with your favorite string. Therefore, the difference by default must be the racquet since if you played with the demo string in your current stick, then you wouldn't like it as much. With that said, the racquet should only feel better to you (with a few exceptions where a certain frame just doesn't feel good with certain types of string i.e. a very soft frame with a stiff poly).

Well I'm new to tennis so I haven't really been using a certain string for any length of time. I'm actually still looking to buy my first racket and am starting to do some research on string. I'm really just looking for a string that's better then whats on the demo. Leaning towards the RPM Blast, Tour Bite, Barb Wire area.