PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Advice

RHSTennis
05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Im going to enter my senior year of high school next year and im just now getting really competitive, im about a 4.0 level player but im am going to be playing alot and taking alot of lessons this summer looking to improve. Im pretty much a baseliner. So my question is, im getting a new racquet and ive narrowed it down either a Aeropro drive, or a Wilson Ncode Npro. Has anyone played with either of these racquets or has any advice for me on them, or maybe there is a better racquet for me that I have not discovered. I need a good "tweener" racquet that will fit my skill level now, but one that can also be good for me as I advance. Any info would be greatly apreciated. Thanx.

Steve H.
05-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Having only looked at the specs of the ncode npro, I'd say between the two of them go with the Aeropro Drive. It's a slightly calmed down version of the Pure Drive, which is a proven design, and has substantial swingweight so you'll get controlled power in a variety of situations. The nPro has lower swingweight and an odd 18x18 pattern, which may prove to be successful but could also be a short-lived fad, it seems more designed for players who want to take a big cut and get lots of spin. At your age and development level you will win a lot more matches by hitting the ball over the net and keeping it in the court consistently, and a solid frame like the AD (or Prince Shark, or Surge) will help you learn to do that.

muklucke
05-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I think u should just demo the both of them and decide for urself. And the demo program with TW is the best, u can demo them for a week! Also, what does the R stand for in RHS. i have some strange feeling that its a school that is next to my place.

Michelangelo
05-28-2005, 08:29 PM
I know there're so many Babolat fans. In fact, I'm a fan of Babolat strings as well. However, for the touch/feel issue of the racket, I'd go for Yonex instead of Babolat (even though I'm using nSix-One Tour 90 now). I've also demoed the nCode nPro and nPro Surge, and honestly I don't quite think they are pretty outstanding racket. Despite the ease of use, power and spin, the feel is only so-so (nPro Surge is relatively a bit closer to traditional feel). If you tend to have power game, then it's absolutely okay to go for it. However, if you prefer tactical tennis, then control/feel may be an important concern to you.

textbook strokes
06-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I have played with both, the aeropro drive and the ncode npro 98, and my thougts are that the babolat felt kind of strange, like hollow and lacking weigth. The npro 98 instead, felt very classic and reliable. I think it's one of those racquets that gives you nothing in excess, and that's maybe the reason why many people dismiss it, but lets you decide the way you want to play (power or control) and helps you in any choice.

Grimjack
06-04-2005, 09:37 AM
The only guy I know who plays with the Ncode Pro really regrets buying it. Says he wishes he'd demoed either the mfil 300 or any of the various Babolats before buying, because now that he HAS hit with those other racquets, he feels the Pro feels (his words) "cheap and flimsy" comparitively.

Haven't ever hit with it myself, but thought I'd pass it along. Take it for what it's worth.