PDA

View Full Version : Black String

Dechizen
08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Can someone recommend me some good black strings.I am currently using Pro Hurricane Tour 16 which I don't like.I'm looking for strings that have good spin and are not bad on the arm, softer than Pro Hurricane Tour.Will be stringing on Head Youtek Prestige MP.

I have heard about RPM(expensive!!!!) and black code, are they good?
I was looking at this list and I found that the price of this reel Forten 16 Nylon 660 Reel Black(is this a good string) - costs the same for one string job of RPM:shock::

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=58

Anyways can someone tell me some good black strings as well as some good black strings that are cheap thanks :)

Falloutjr
08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
A friend of mine uses Volkl Cyclone, and he has pretty high praise for them, they're worth a try at only $6 a set.

ClubHoUno
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
^^^^He's right^^^^

Völkl Cyclone is a very good cheap black poly.

Try that or the more expensive Tecnifibre Blckcode.

RPM Blast is also a very good black poly, but don't last for long before you have to cut it out.

federalprassi
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
A friend of mine uses Volkl Cyclone, and he has pretty high praise for them, they're worth a try at only $6 a set.

Good string at a good price definitely worth a try.

Fedace
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Can someone recommend me some good black strings.I am currently using Pro Hurricane Tour 16 which I don't like.I'm looking for strings that have good spin and are not bad on the arm, softer than Pro Hurricane Tour.Will be stringing on Head Youtek Prestige MP.

I have heard about RPM(expensive!!!!) and black code, are they good?
I was looking at this list and I found that the price of this reel Forten 16 Nylon 660 Reel Black(is this a good string) - costs the same for one string job of RPM:shock::

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=58

Anyways can someone tell me some good black strings as well as some good black strings that are cheap thanks :)

PROLINE 2 in Black. Very soft GREAT control,,awsome power.....you will improve by 2 levels..:)

ManuGinobili
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
RPM - not worth trying, there are better options and at lower prices

Black Code- already received enough praise. Things to watch out for are a lack of touch (yes very subjective) and tension loss (huge argument going on in this forum on that too)

Signum Pro Hyperiod/Tornado- Excellent strings. IMO a wee bit less "explosive" than Black Code but more touch

MarrratSafin
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
MSV Hex, Volkl Cyclone, Polyfibre Black Venom...

drakulie
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Genesis Black Magic.

chaddles
08-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Cyclone is the best valued black string (and possibly the best black string around at the moment) and Hyperion & Sonic Pro are also well worth trying.

CHOcobo
08-25-2010, 10:33 PM
do you know the stiffness and actual diameter of the 17g?

Fedace
08-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Genesis Black Magic.

Is this better than RPM blast ? If so, in what way ???

GameSetMatch
08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
PROLINE 2 in Black. Very soft GREAT control,,awsome power.....you will improve by 2 levels..:)

No, Pro Line II is not "very soft".

It is black though.

If you're looking for something cheaper and don't mind nylon, Gosen OG Micro comes in black but its not available in reels. Good string too (for a synthetic gut).

mozzer
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Blackcode lost so much tension, way too soft aswell, tohught i was playing with a pillow.

Blackline Hyperion was pretty stiff, low powered and lacked feel, however spin was good.

Hotrocks
08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
RPM - not worth trying, there are better options and at lower prices

Black Code- already received enough praise. Things to watch out for are a lack of touch (yes very subjective) and tension loss (huge argument going on in this forum on that too)

Signum Pro Hyperiod/Tornado- Excellent strings. IMO a wee bit less "explosive" than Black Code but more touch

I second Signum Pro-Tornado. Good power, spin and Longevity.

Fedace
08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
No, Pro Line II is not "very soft".

It is black though.

If you're looking for something cheaper and don't mind nylon, Gosen OG Micro comes in black but its not available in reels. Good string too (for a synthetic gut).

Proline 2 is soft enough. it is one of the softer polys out there...

drakulie
08-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Is this better than RPM blast ? If so, in what way ???

better tension maintenance, spin, pop, feel.

To add, it is less expensive.

drummerdan
08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Genesis Black Magic.

+1

10 chars

Fedace
08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
better tension maintenance, spin, pop, feel.

To add, it is less expensive.

Nobody cares about money here. anyway, i find it hard to believe RPM blast which was made for Spin is inferior to this Genesis string.....Hard to believe. Is Genesis hexagonal shape ?:confused:

Doubles
08-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Nobody cares about money here. anyway, i find it hard to believe RPM blast which was made for Spin is inferior to this Genesis string.....Hard to believe. Is Genesis hexagonal shape ?:confused:

RPM Blast really isn't all that great for spin compared to something like Black Magic. And you're an idiot for thinking that no one cares about money here...

Tennis sensation
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Why only black????

Tennis sensation
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Try Volkly Cyclone. They are worth it

Steve Huff
08-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Black Magic is not hex shaped. It is round. I've only read some reviews, but it sounds like a good string. I'll probably order a reel next time I get string.

Fedace
08-27-2010, 05:14 PM
RPM Blast really isn't all that great for spin compared to something like Black Magic. And you're an idiot for thinking that no one cares about money here...

how is RPM which is hexagonal shaped have less spin than round shaped black magic ??? sounds impossible..:confused:

Doubles
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM
how is RPM which is hexagonal shaped have less spin than round shaped black magic ??? sounds impossible..:confused:

It isn't. RPM is over hyped and over priced. Try Black Magic and you will see...

thejuice
08-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Another vote for Pro Kine II.

nik11105
08-28-2010, 11:54 AM
try nikita black star from superstring its amazing

Fedace
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
It isn't. RPM is over hyped and over priced. Try Black Magic and you will see...

how is black magic superior to RPM blast ?? in what way ?? TW does not carry Genesis and NO well know pros in ATP tour uses it. why is that ??:confused:

Doubles
08-29-2010, 03:06 PM
how is black magic superior to RPM blast ?? in what way ?? TW does not carry Genesis and NO well know pros in ATP tour uses it. why is that ??:confused:

Just because a company isn't well known doesn't mean it makes terrible products. Its just better than RPM in every way. I can't really describe it, better tension maintenance, better spin production, more crisp feel to it. Plus it's half the price...

Fedace
08-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Just because a company isn't well known doesn't mean it makes terrible products. Its just better than RPM in every way. I can't really describe it, better tension maintenance, better spin production, more crisp feel to it. Plus it's half the price...

what about power ?? is genesis more powerful ? does it produce more spin than the tornado ?

Doubles
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM
what about power ?? is genesis more powerful ? does it produce more spin than the tornado ?

Genesis isn't more powerful, but it does produce more spin...

SliceForehand
08-29-2010, 04:29 PM

How is this relevant to your point about RPM blast?

TennisNinja
08-29-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think the color should be such a big priority...

Cesare
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
One Strings Nrg carbon. nice string, cheap price

Centered
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Ashaway Liberty 720' reels for $22 are an option. Although TW doesn't normally stock it in black, I'm sure it can be ordered since Ashaway makes it in black.

Jamesm182
08-31-2010, 11:52 PM
I'd really recommend Polyfibre Black Venom.

Its really soft, great spin potential, although is is not octagonal or gear shaped. Nice power levels, and quite durable, also much cheaper to buy in reels than pro hurricane tour ( my favourite string thus far)

ManuGinobili
09-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Been trying the black Pro Line II... gotta say it's good stuff. Not that soft, but a no BS kind of string. Above average at pretty much everything except for softness and power.