PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Flash Question

MomentumGT
08-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I've been reading on the TW customer reviews on CF and some were claiming that the string is not the same as what it used to be. The new CF doesn't have as much spin as the older version and that it also breaks a lot quicker.

I'm looking to stock up again and was wondering if there is any truth to that? Thanks in advance.

-Jon

Icedorb217
08-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Id like to now this as well! Any forum members here know of this being true?

vamos2050
08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
i have not heard of this rumor. i am sure topspin will announce beforehand if such thing could have happened.

Dominik
08-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I can vouch for this. Somewhere along the line it started to feel totally different, nowhere near as good as what it used to be. Almost plasticky.

MomentumGT
08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
i have not heard of this rumor. i am sure topspin will announce beforehand if such thing could have happened.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback-TCF17.html

A couple of the reviews say things have changed.

-Jon

MomentumGT
08-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I can vouch for this. Somewhere along the line it started to feel totally different, nowhere near as good as what it used to be. Almost plasticky.

I haven't bought the new stuff yet. I bought 4 reels in 2008 and now they're just about gone and was looking to stock up. I'm hoping this rumor isn't true.

-Jon

southend
08-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Contact Topspin -- they will respond. Having read the TW feedback on CF some time ago, I contacted their customer service group regarding the comment. They claim there is no change. I no longer have the email they sent me, but someone can reach out to them if interested.

federalprassi
08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
I haven't bought the new stuff yet. I bought 4 reels in 2008 and now they're just about gone and was looking to stock up. I'm hoping this rumor isn't true.

-Jon

hopefully its just a few bad ones.

DrumWizOHBD
08-28-2010, 11:39 PM
You know occasinally you will get a reel or two of string that were left in a box in a hot corner of the warehouse....and they seem to get weekened by the such things as a super hot summer or being kept too close to a furnace or hot water heater.

I have bought "Brand New" reels from a friend before that he had bought at the beginning of summer. I bought them when school started in the fall. The stringjobs in the first 5 racquets or so seemed to feel "plasticky" and broke waaay too quickly. I ordered a new reel from a reputable dealer and the string felt and lasted like it should. It turns out the strings from my pal were kept in a hot garage during one of the hottest summers during my lifetime. He had no idea that they had been affected, and he gave me a great deal, so those reels became my workout strings:idea: I would also offer them to friends for super cheap. and kept the good stuff for tournaments and matches leading up to.

The next summer I worked at a club stringing lots of racquets and used a few unopened sets of string that were stocked in a small box in the water heater closet. The members didn't complain of the string feeling any different but they all broke within one or two hitting sessions....all from players who only broke strings if they had been in there a year.

My point, I have been using a fairly new reel of Cyberflash 17 and it feels just like the old stuff to me and I'm having no breakage issues either.

Hope this helps to shed some light on your inquiry:)