PDA

View Full Version : General hybrid Poly with Multi/SG tension clarification.

604al
08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Generally I've read of a 5% drop in cross tension to enlarge the sweetspot, as the cross strings will generally be tighter at the same tension as they are shorter. I've also read that Poly's should generally be strung (i've heard of a ranges from) 5-10% lower than one's normal tension.

So... assuming that logic is correct... if I were to string a Poly/Multi(or synthetic gut) hybrid at about middle tension for my racquet, does 53M/54X sound sensible?

Falloutjr
08-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Depends on what you want out of hybriding strings. Since you have a poly main, you probably use the multi to soften up the stringbed, so I would recommend stringing the crosses a couple pounds less than the mains. Also, don't even worry about the tension on your racquet. They can put anything they want on there recommended tension, but it's up to you to determine what tension is okay. You could string any modern racquet up to about 70-75 safely. It comes down to the tension YOU want.

604al
08-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I understand it's up to me. This is simply a general question.

Let's assume people generally hybrid a poly main with a multi/synthetic gut cross to soften up the bed, maybe add more pop versus a full bed. Now given the reasoning in my first post, does a poly/multi hybrid strung at let's say 53/54 vs 57/54 enlarge the sweetspot and have an overall better response?