PDA

View Full Version : adidas/nike = sleeping on the job

BLXUtekPuredriveO3
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
each time i see adidas and nike come out with a new collection im getting more and more disappointed (especially with adidas). Its like they dont even try to make something original anymore but only changes the colors plus a few minor details. Partly because the classic "old style" look is popular but there is a difference between make something look nice and innovative and make something the same as summer/spring but with just a couple of new colors.

Maybe they should take a look at there competitors. Although they are not as big and dominating brands like Lotto, Fila, Lacoste and Sergio Tacchini seems to know that each time you make a new collection you have to try out a new design and that you cant just rely on the brand to make it sell. So no more laziness from you two.

Gasolina
08-27-2010, 07:37 AM
each time i see adidas and nike come out with a new collection im getting more and more disappointed (especially with adidas). Its like they dont even try to make something original anymore but only changes the colors plus a few minor details. Partly because the classic "old style" look is popular but there is a difference between make something look nice and innovative and make something the same as summer/spring but with just a couple of new colors.

Maybe they should take a look at there competitors. Although they are not as big and dominating brands like Lotto, Fila, Lacoste and Sergio Tacchini seems to know that each time you make a new collection you have to try out a new design and that you cant just rely on the brand to make it sell. So no more laziness from you two.
I think you answered your question right there.

Also, would you think the management of Nike and Adidas are looking at "non-dominating" brands business practices as their "best practice"?

captain future
08-27-2010, 07:47 AM
thank you for this topic!
since i played several years now with nikes (tennis & b-ball), i did not find a suitable tennis shoe in this years collection.
(adidas never fitted me)

now i'm tryin to find something in the prince, new balance, yonex etc. corner...

adidasman
08-27-2010, 11:21 AM
You can assume one thing - both adidas and Nike do what they do for one simple reason. It sells product. I agree that they oftentimes get too conservative, adidas especially, but the return they've made to the focus on the three stripes appears to have worked; I'm just glad they seem to be getting a bit more adventurous with the Edge line. As for Nike - who cares? ;)

mtommer
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Part of selling edgier things is having a spokesperson modeling/wearing said things. It helps to make the design "acceptable" to the public. Fashion is cyclical anyway.