PDA

View Full Version : ****Nike Courtballistic Re-visisted!- Initial Impressions + Review****

[d]ragon
08-27-2010, 08:11 PM
After wearing through my Propulse 2s (I will write a review on that eventually), I decided to buy another pair of these shoes since I liked them alot when I used them earlier this year.
Title should be Courtballistec 2.3, sorry.

Link to my review: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=329537&highlight=nike+court+ballistec+review

Initial Impression:

Same day I got them, I took them straight to the courts since I haven't been to the courts in awhile since I've been waiting for them to arrive. Earlier this year I used the black/white colorway and they were good right of the box.
Now I have the white/grey colorway and I am abit disappointed to be honest.

First, the materials are stiffer than I remember. The uppers aren't as soft and flexible right of the box. I remember trying on the black ones in the store and I was amazed at how nice they were right out of the box (minus abit of tightness in the toebox).

Second, the sole isn't as soft as I remember. The cushioning in the shoe I have is on the harder side. My feet were a bit sore after just 2 hours, I've never had that happen before.

Lastly, and most frustrating, the sizing is off. I got the same size as I did with the black but these are bigger! No, my feet did not shrink! As a result, my movement is suffering big time. My movement is one of my weapons; I am rather quite so I can track down a lot of balls. With these, I feel I'm just not confident enough to move my feet around with ease, let alone grind through long points and retrieve shots. Plus, big shoes look bad aesthetically

I should have worn them first but I really had to get out to practice (team) and I had been without shoes for awhile. I am definitely going to have to alter the scores on my previous review. Think I can complain to Nike? It's worth a shot I suppose

Pure Babs
08-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I just switched back to the propulse 2's from the court ballistecs and the only thing I miss is the cusion, but the lighter weight alone is enough to keep me with the babolat's..

10ACE
08-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Maybe that is why the white /grey don't sell that well? I just got the neon green bull ones and they fit like how u describe the black/ white ones.

Pure Babs
08-28-2010, 06:06 PM
note that i have only used the court ballistecs 1.3 not the new ones... maybe thats a good thing??

ODYSSEY Mk.4
08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
just returned my CB 2.3's... was not happy with the shoe at all thats what i get for trying to defy Adidas agree with you on the size and toebox