PDA

View Full Version : ALU Power vs. Adrenaline vs. Power Poly vs. Tour Bite

Doubles
08-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I am familiar with ALU Power, and Power Poly, but not Adrenaline, or Tour Bite. I have a sponsorship with Mantis, but if there are better strings I see no problem spending extra money on them. As I'm sure you can see, I am into strings that are on the stiff side, but that can provide good amounts of spin. I just wanted to get your thoughts on Adrenaline and Tour Bite compared to ALU and Power Poly. How's the spin potential? Durability? Tension Maintenance(this is most important to me)? I figured if I was going to buy any Luxilon, now would be the time due to their sale. And I have heard some great things about Solinco as well, so I figured it might be fun to experiment, yet again...

TennisNinja
08-29-2010, 09:29 AM
I can only comment on Adrenaline and Tour Bite.
I like Tour Bite more, it's a pretty soft poly and you can get massive spin. I personally feel that in all respects Tour Bite is better than Adrenaline.

THESEXPISTOL
08-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I will try power poly tomorrow. Will offer you feedback

Doubles
08-29-2010, 10:13 AM
I can only comment on Adrenaline and Tour Bite.
I like Tour Bite more, it's a pretty soft poly and you can get massive spin. I personally feel that in all respects Tour Bite is better than Adrenaline.

Thanks for the feedback, I was curious because I heard that Adrenaline is better than ALU, and less expensive, so that was on my list. And from the sound of things, Solinco is one of the best companies out there. I am thinking of ordering a set of each and seeing how they play...

downs_chris
08-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I was curious because I heard that Adrenaline is better than ALU, and less expensive, so that was on my list. And from the sound of things, Solinco is one of the best companies out there. I am thinking of ordering a set of each and seeing how they play...

Adrenaline is a litter underwhelming...i just didn't find anything really special about it...

Tour Bite is good stuff...although, it can be a little stiff on your joints (at least on my eblow) -- i found the outlast to be a little too soft for my tastes (i couldn't really find the court with it)...revolution was the one for me...it's like a more comfortable version of tour bite...comparable spin, a little more pop, and a little more comfort...you just have to deal with the "smurf" blue color...haha, but it's goood stuff...

Doubles
08-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Adrenaline is a litter underwhelming...i just didn't find anything really special about it...

Tour Bite is good stuff...although, it can be a little stiff on your joints (at least on my eblow) -- i found the outlast to be a little too soft for my tastes (i couldn't really find the court with it)...revolution was the one for me...it's like a more comfortable version of tour bite...comparable spin, a little more pop, and a little more comfort...you just have to deal with the "smurf" blue color...haha, but it's goood stuff...

Thanks for the input. My goal is to spend less than $160 on a reel, and all of those strings fall into that category. I originally thought about Genesis strings, but the ones that I tried, were okay, but not great, However, I am tempted to try Typhoon again, along with Hexonic and Heptonic. I guess I'll add set of revolution to my order as well then. I don't really mind the color, though it might look odd in a Radical.

TennisNinja
08-29-2010, 06:15 PM

I played with M2 before the Tour Bite, and I thought that was better than Adrenaline (though much pricier).

Doubles
08-30-2010, 05:06 AM
I played with M2 before the Tour Bite, and I thought that was better than Adrenaline (though much pricier).

Yeah. The main reason that I was looking at Adrenaline was because it holds tension well, which is my main concern, since I doubt it will last longer than 12 hours...

2Hare
08-30-2010, 09:29 AM
how well are you talking about? I'd say adrenaline would drop like 3-5 pounds after about 6 hours of hitting, not much after that, perhaps 3 more pounds at 12 hours.

THESEXPISTOL
08-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Power poly is very nice...
I strung it low for the usual at M20/C19kgs because i didn't knew the string and i like to control with the grip and spin and have tons of power when i hit flat to end the points.
The string take some 15minutes to break in... After that it was very nice. Liked the control a lot, power was excelent for my kind of game, spin was the best i ever experienced (my regular Hitting partner agreeded) the feel is good for a poly and i can't rate the comfort because i've only played 2hours with the string but it seems ok for a soft poly.

It's in the same league that Alu power and Cyberflash. Not as harsh and ALU Power neither as plastic as Cyberflash.
You should really try.

Doubles
08-31-2010, 05:14 AM
Power poly is very nice...
I strung it low for the usual at M20/C19kgs because i didn't knew the string and i like to control with the grip and spin and have tons of power when i hit flat to end the points.
The string take some 15minutes to break in... After that it was very nice. Liked the control a lot, power was excelent for my kind of game, spin was the best i ever experienced (my regular Hitting partner agreeded) the feel is good for a poly and i can't rate the comfort because i've only played 2hours with the string but it seems ok for a soft poly.

It's in the same league that Alu power and Cyberflash. Not as harsh and ALU Power neither as plastic as Cyberflash.
You should really try.

Yeah. It's my current string of choice at the moment. I completely agree with your opinions of it. However, I am still curious to try Tour Bite and Adrenaline...

SuperJimmy
08-31-2010, 07:28 AM
I really like Tour Bite for the power and spin potential it provides. The only negative for me was the durability as it seems to consistenly break around the 8 hour mark with deep cuts in the string. I even had a multi (Vanquish) in the cross, and 2 out of 3 times the poly has broken first (though the multi was on the verge of breaking anyway). For me though, the tradeoff is worth it.

Doubles
08-31-2010, 02:10 PM
how well are you talking about? I'd say adrenaline would drop like 3-5 pounds after about 6 hours of hitting, not much after that, perhaps 3 more pounds at 12 hours.

I doubt it, Poly loses tension, and lots of it, very quickly...

2Hare
08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
I doubt it, Poly loses tension, and lots of it, very quickly...

i number i gave is after the initial tension lost, which is like almost 10 pounds for almost most polys

Doubles
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
i number i gave is after the initial tension lost, which is like almost 10 pounds for almost most polys
That makes sense...