PDA

View Full Version : I got my machine...now what?

aangstman01
08-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Okay, i received my first machine (eagnas flex 100) today and i was all excited to start toying around, and my problem is i have no idea where to start, i have gotten the loop on the mains figured out, but im not positive how to clamp/tension the first string....all help is appreciated

Irvin
08-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Clamp the two center mains in the center of the racket with a clamp no tension. Then pull tension on the 2nd main (on either side) and use the other clamp to clamp the 1st and 2nd main as close to the inside of the racket as you can nearest the tension head. Then pull tension on the 2nd main on the other side and clamp the 1st and 2nd main as you just did. Pull tension on the 3rd main and clamp the 2nd and 3rd mains on the same side. Switch back to the first side and continue tensioning two mains on each side and switching until you are done.

Irvin

COPEY
08-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Here ya go (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1961144&postcount=1).

Irvin
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
^^ Too much information is worst than none at all sometimes. And that is too much information. I think when you first start out you need to keep it simple. Here are my suggestions for new stringers.

1 String two piece
2 Use individual sets of string and not reels
3 Find the pattern for the racket you will be stringing
4 Make sure you understand the pattern
5 Use only the Wilson Pro knot or Parnell knot
6 String crosses top to bottom

Irvin

federalprassi
08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
^^ Too much information is worst than none at all sometimes. And that is too much information. I think when you first start out you need to keep it simple. Here are my suggestions for new stringers.

1 String two piece

Irvin

listen to the expert. Don't rush yourself, leave plenty of time to string. Good luck:)

COPEY
08-30-2010, 08:14 PM

1 String two piece

Irvin

I agree there's a lot of info there, however, I posted it without breaking it down because I was short on time and figured he hadn't seen or even known about Yulitle's videos. I actually put together a condensed post of which ones to watch when starting out, but I'd have to search for it.

Still, the link titles are very descriptive. If he skims down the page he'd see, "How to start mains", "How to start crosses", "Weaving Crosses", etc. and start there. Quite a bit of it is simply great reference material.

Anyway, not to be sarcastic, but I can imagine the op asking the following questions after reading your post:

1 String two piece - What's two-piece, and why do I want to string that way?
2 Use individual sets of string and not reels - Ok...why?
3 Find the pattern for the racket you will be stringing - Find the pattern where?
4 Make sure you understand the pattern - Um...ok.
5 Use only the Wilson Pro knot or Parnell knot - Where can I learn how to make those knots?
6 String crosses top to bottom - Ok...why?

Incidentally, aangstman, here's (http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/manufacturers.php) where you go to find string patterns.

Irvin
08-30-2010, 10:22 PM
1 String two piece - What's two-piece, and why do I want to string that way? One piece for mains and another for crosses. Less string to get in the way and all manufacturers recommend this method
2 Use individual sets of string and not reels - Ok...why? To make sure you have enough string and not cutting off just enough to string frame. You end up short this way
3 Find the pattern for the racket you will be stringing - Find the pattern where? Preferrable at the manufacturer's website
4 Make sure you understand the pattern - Um...ok.
5 Use only the Wilson Pro knot or Parnell knot - Where can I learn how to make those knots? Youtube has lots of videos
6 String crosses top to bottom - Ok...why? Because that is the way it is done when it is done right

Incidentally, aangstman, here's (http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/manufacturers.php) where you go to find string patterns.

See answers in green

Irvin

aangstman01
08-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Awesome, both links were very helpful, thanks everybody, im still having some difficulties starting the mains but i got it on my 2 rackets i have done so far, but it just doesnt seem right when i initially do it, but like i said it works and my rackets are strung...and thanks again

Irvin
08-31-2010, 09:24 AM
^^ What part of stringing the mains is giving you problems?

Irvin

aangstman01
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Starting, with the clamps...i just am not positive its right when i start, the tension and where to put the clamps

JackB1
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Watch Yulittle's Youtube videos. Best way to learn IMO.

2 piece is easiest to start with.

p.s. didn't your machine come with an instruction manual? You are asking the most basic of questions.
Do a little research first....check youtube....google "stringing tennis racquets". You need a little basic
info before you get started.

Irvin
08-31-2010, 11:19 AM
^^ The easiest way to start is by placing the clamps on the center two strings in the center of the racket. Then pull tension on the 2nd main and clamp with the other clamp as near the tension head as possible. Then pull tension on the other 2nd main on the other side and clamp as close to the tensioner as possible. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Irvin

aangstman01
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, the manual is very vague, it doesn't mention clamps, it shows the details about what to do with that string, but ^^your last post is helpful irvin that clears things up, thank you

aangstman01
08-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey Irvin, thanks a lot for the help, I have a good handle on stringing now I'm no professional, but I feel comfy with the whole process and I am down to roughly an hour now, which is mostly because I am not the fastest weaver, but thank you for your help, and everyone else who contributed