PDA

View Full Version : Ektelon Model D upgrade kit

David 110
08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have any interest in an Ektelon Model D upgrade kit? The kit would allow the use of the Gamma Quick Mount System (available from ATS Sports for $160) on the Model D machine. The price of the mounting kit would be about $100 and would include brackets to mount the Gamma Quick Mount. Also included would be longer rods and plates for the glide bars to allow the clamps to reach the top and bottom of oversize racquets. I modified my machine several years ago using the Gamma system - it is very solid and works great. No more damage to racquets while stringing.

A brief video is posted on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GsVaN4revw

The $160 kit is the Gamma Quick Mount System Upgrade kit available from ATS Sports. Part number is MQMU-00

The link is http://www.atssports.com/tennis.cfm?product=763

My $100 kit includes the following:

> Mounting posts and brackets to adapt the Gamma upgrade arms to the model D.

> Extended guide bar rods and plates to allow clamps to reach both ends of
a 110 oversize racquet.

The Eagnas clamps shown in the youtube video would not be included in the $100 mounting kit.

My mount kits could be available in 4 weeks if enough interest is out there.

I would be interested in working with 3 or 4 stringers to test this kit and provide feedback. The mount kit price for the testers would be $50 with a money back guarantee. Shipping in the US (from TX) would be no more than $10 to $15. The Gamma kit would still be $160 and subject to ATS return policies and shipping costs.

Irvin
08-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Not sure why one would call this a quick mount.

Irvin

David 110
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
The quick mount system is made by Gamma and sold by ATS Sports. I am offering a bracket kit to adapt the Gamma quick mount to the Ektelon Model D base.

mtakako
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
David, Will this work with the Ektelon Model H?

David 110
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes. The kit works great on the Model H. The Model H already has extended glide bars and an extended tension arm which makes the upgrade easily work with up to 118 oversize racquets. The Model H kit would probably also handle 125 racquets - just haven't had one in the shop to try on it.

mtakako
04-13-2011, 08:06 AM
David, where can I buy that kit? Need to pickup one asap.

Squidward
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Contact David here...

sperlingd@sbcglobal.net

mtakako
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks..got a hold of David.

Clintspin
12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I have had several nice machines to work with over the last 10 years but I usually sell them because I enjoy picking up something to fix up. A couple of years back I picked up an Ektelon DE. It had already been upgraded and worked fine. I was really enjoying stringing with it and so I held on to it. I added a Wise Tension Head and upgraded the clamps. The mounting system already had a nice upgrade.

Just bought the upgrade kit from David so that I could try the six point mount. David has done a great job with the kit and made the whole thing so simple. He has been great to deal with. I would recommend his kit to anybody that has an old Ektelon laying around in the basement or to anybody that would see one for sale but have doubts about buying an out of date machine.

I think David is a machinist by trade and could probably help out with parts from other out of date or out of business companies.

jbmurphy
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
A few months ago I was given a stringing machine that was in need of a little work. I soon learned that finding replacement parts (even from the manufacturer) were impossible to find! I was very close to giving up, and investing in a new machine. Luckily, I ran across this post regarding an upgrade kit, and I figured it was worth asking. My machine is supposedly a clone of the Ektelon (Winn Pro), so I wasn't too hopeful that David's kit would work with mine. Though the dimensions are different, David still worked with me, and after some measurements, he was able to fit my machine with the upgrade kit. He is very thorough, and takes his trade very seriously. My machine looks new, but more importantly, functions the way that it was intended! I seriously could not have asked for a better experience!