PDA

View Full Version : do stringbed types favor backhand types?

wt888usa
05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
For instance, does the Nsix-one 16x18 favor a one handed over a two handed (or vice versa) backhand, as compared to nsix-one 18x20?

soyelmocano
05-29-2005, 04:23 PM
The string pattern would have more to do with your shot tendencies than 1h/2h. You tend to naturally get more spin with an open string pattern than a dense one.
Just for kicks, I recently took out an old Billie Jean wood frame. I found that if I watched the ball (like you should anyway), I could get pretty much the same results as with my Head PT 280. MAybe a little less power, but the results were pretty close. I got good topspin from my one hander. The frame has a very dense string pattern. I could really feel the flex. I had trouble on kick serves because of the extreme grip (funny since my thumb is on the bottom bevel with my one hander and I didn't have trouble with it.). All was going well until the frame cracked. I guess after sitting up for a decade or two, it didn't like power serves.

Speedy_tennis
05-29-2005, 05:29 PM
no, depends the player skils, look at the gaudio bh with 16x18 and kuerten 18x20 (one handed) and nalbandian16x19 and marat safin 18x20(2 handed)

Honestlybad
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't call it skill, it's technique. It's a question of preference.