PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige MP: String and tension?

geissner
04-18-2004, 04:42 PM
I just started using the LM Prestige MP and really love it.
My previous racquet was a PD +. The LM gives me alot more
control ,but retains my ability to hit a sharp slice backhand.

I have it strung with Laserfibre Supreme 17 at 57 lbs.

I will be buying my second one and would like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a better setup.

My player profile is: I am a highly ranked (#4 in Georgia) 4.0
all court singles player. I have a medium speed swing on the forehand, but my games is mostly based on a hard backhand slice
groundstroke and approach shot.

Thanks for any help

gary

Bora
04-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Hey Gary,
Pete Snyder might hate me for this but if you get Eric@Racquet Express to set you up with some Pacific Tour Gut (even if you use it in a hybrid) you won't believe how much better your whole set-up plays.

perfmode
04-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Would Pacific be a lot better than the Babolat VS Team Nat 17? I am thinking about getting the Prestige also.

geissner
04-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Bora,

Pete doesn't have to worry about me any more. He already
moved up to 4.5.

It has been a long time since I used natural gut, but I am mot a string breaker, so maybe i will try it.

See you at a future tournament

gary

tkoets
04-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Well, I've got one, strung with VS Team 17 natural gut at 57 pounds. Very sweet set up with tons of feel and a nice pop off the stringbed. I love the amount of handle feedback I'm getting with this stick. Mine weighs 12.4 oz. with an overgrip, a far cry from the 11.9 oz. published weight. But the added weight is actually quite nice and adds to the overall stability. Hope this helps.

sanitarium
04-19-2004, 02:13 PM
hey man if you wouldnt mind i'd love to hear your opinions or comments on that racquet, specifically
feeling / quality of groundstrokes (topspin/power)
servers (1st (power) 2nd (spin) )