PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Silent Partner Jive?

dufferok
09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
What is your opinion regarding the durability, ease of use, accuracy and customer suport of Silent Partner and specifically the Silent Partner Jive?

letou3104
09-05-2010, 03:50 AM
I purchased that model about one year ago and used it only as a backup machine - Not bad for a machine selling below $700.00 , intended to be used for home stringing -Tensioning is accurate and the 6-point mount makes the racquet secure -on the other hand the clamps gave me slipping problems and are a bit hard to secure and loosen when you move onto the next string -It took me some 5 to 8 minutes more to string a racquet ,compared to my high profile BABOLAT - Silent Partner has some higher priced model that are highly recommended -

dufferok
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm really shocked that more people hasn't used or doesn't use the Silent Partner Jive. For an electric stringer under $700, it reads on paper as being one of the best...but apparently there must be a reason why people are not using this machine. What is the reason?

william7gr
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I believe the one downside to the Jive is that it uses a spring loaded tensioner and therefore is not constant pull. I think most people looking at an electric machine are looking for constant pull.