PDA

View Full Version : Personal Demo Program

TennsDog
05-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I have devised my own kind of demo program that I thought works very well and so would share with people. I research rackets I would like to try and find one in particular. I go on **** and find a used on for cheap. I 'demo' it for a while. If I like it, I will go back on **** and buy two more new ones. If I don't like it, I just get back and sell it for the same price as I bought it, and then look for another one. I have never lost much, if any, money doing this. It is like a free demo program, where if you like the racket you just keep it. This method just makes more sense to me. Anyone else do this or have similar examples?

donnyz89
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
like buying something and return it if u dont like it.

what about shipping and stuff, how much would that cost? are u always able to sell the racquets u dont want?

ffrpg
05-29-2005, 09:03 PM
TennsDog, I do the same exact thing. I prefer doing it this way because it allows me to playtest the racquet with my favorite string/tension setup. In my experiences, I'll lose about the same amount of money it costs to demo the racquet or break even.

TennsDog
05-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I am not exactly sure about the shipping, I just know that I always pay less than I would to actually demo. And I have yet to not sell a racket I didn't want.

newracketagain??
05-30-2005, 09:34 PM
i do this ! i buy from america and then sell in the uK and make maybe 30% profit on each racket ! plus the fact ive used them and know about them !

CivicLx
05-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't know anything about how **** works but that does seem like a pretty good idea, as long as you come out ahead $ wise. I think TW has a great program and being in Ca, it costs the same to demo 1 or 4, but with your idea you can demo the racquet as long as you want or need which is nifty. What's the lates racquet you've demoed?

Tennis Ball Hitter
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
i do this ! i buy from america and then sell in the uK and make maybe 30% profit on each racket ! plus the fact ive used them and know about them !

I have to admit that this is very true. When I was ****ing racquets a while ago you could buy a brand new LM Prestige from the US for $130 [buy it now price]. The same racquet on UK **** costs $200 and still bidding.

Its similar in Australia but I don't think the demand is as high, so its uncertain if one could sell it for a good price here.

newracketagain??
05-31-2005, 12:04 AM
is us i got a hyper por staff 5.1 for $59.99 then i payed $20 for shipping , then $10 stringing ! so thats $80, in the uk a factory stung hyper pro staff 5.1 is $190, and thats the cheapest roice around!

funny thought in the uk you can get brand new strung putre drives for $150, delivered! and on tw theyre more expensive, plus u gotta pay delivery!

civiclx,
the lastets rackets ive done this with are

head liquidmetal instinct $100 delivered, sold for 65 after 3 weeks of play
wilson hyyper hammer 6.2 $50 del, sold for 50
wilson triad 5.0 hammer , bought $70 del, sold for 45
fischer gds rally, $70 sold for 24 :(
yonex v-con 15, $100 sold for 45 :(

in the uk its MUCH cheaper to do this than to demo !

demoing in the uk it a total ripp of, infact tennis gear in the uk, can be up to twice the price as you pay ! it can be the same price ins as you pay in $

TennsDog
05-31-2005, 06:59 AM
On ****, I most recently demoed a LM Instinct, but it had too much power. Before that, I tryed a 300G and liked it, so I kept that and then bid on, and won, another auction including 2 300G's, 3 strings, a 6-pack bag, and 3 overgrips all for about $200. My most actual demo was from TW, where I demoed a LM Prestige, RDX 300, Tour 10 VE, and nCode 95. I did this on TW because I knew I wanted one of them for sure and that was the easiest way to demo them all at the same time.