PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/starting knot for crosses

aznlob
09-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, I need help quick. I'm stringing my buddy's Babolat NS Drive OS. According to the stringing instructions from the klip site, it says the starting knot for the crosses is at 11H. I typically use the figure 8 starting knot which uses a main string as the anchor. I just realized that, with an 11H starting knot, there's no nearby main to anchor the knot to. I hope I'm making sense here. Where do I anchor this knot to? Do I just pick another grommet closer to the most lateral main? Thanks guys.

Irvin
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
What type of clamps do you have and do you have a starting clamp?

Irvin

aznlob
09-02-2010, 10:07 AM
My main man Irv
I'm actually stringing the beloved kevlar racquet. I only have 2 floating clamps, no starting clamp

Irvin
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Somehow I knew you would say that. Start your top two crosses and clamp with one clamp as far from your tension head as you can. Then pull tension on the third cross and clamp the the second and third cross on the other side with the other clamp. Then pull tension on the fourth cross and move the clamp you just used on the second and third cross to the third and fourth cross. Now pull tension on the fifth cross and use the same clamp again on the fourth and fifth cross. You should now be far enough down to move that top clamp. Pull tension on the first cross and move the first clamp you used to the second and third cross. Then pull tension on the second cross and move the clamp again to the other side of the second and third crosses. Now you can pull tension on the first cross and clamp to make your tie off on 11H.

I realize that is a lot of trouble but it gets all your double pulls (pulling two strings at once) out of the way to eliminate drawback. Of course if you do some double pulls only you will know.

Irvin

aznlob
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Man,all I can say is that I'm finally done with that bad boy. Honestly the weaving really wasn't that bad, but that starting knot really threw me for a loop (no pun intended). Anyways, much thanks to Irv for guiding me through that one. I delayed this to the very end, but knew eventually it would have to get done. It's great to know that there's a forum like this where virtually any/all your tennis questions can be answered.