PDA

View Full Version : My arm is going to fall LoL

TwistServe
05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Well I've had so many changes to my game this year I don't really know what the cause is..

- I switched to a PD+ from LM Prestige and really like the spin and pop on my serves now.

- Started hitting harder flat serves

- Playing 6-7 days a week instead of 2-3 days a week

My elbow is fine when I'm not playing but 10 minutes into serving and I can barely grip anything. My elbow is in extreme pain. When I first switched to the PD+ I didn't really experience any problems but then I started hitting hard flat serves the elbow started to feel it. So it could be because of the serves and not the racquet. Or it could be because I play too much and don't get enough rest.

I guess I'm going to switch back to the LM Prestige for a week and see if that fixes the problem.

I'm going to miss the extra topspin groundstrokes and pop on my serves if I can't use the PD+ though. :(

MChong
05-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, the PD+ is known to be a stiff racquet and can cause problems with the elbow. Two summers ago when I played the Scream OS, I found pain in my elbow as well, but it was only on the serve. Your service form can also be suspect.

kian
05-29-2005, 11:38 PM
For my case, it's the wrist. I use too much of my wrist to get that extra spin for my FHs and serves. :(:(