PDA

View Full Version : inconsistent sizes on nike t-shirts, crews and sleeveless

Hankenstein
09-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I always buy nike stuff from tennis-warehouse because here in Sweden the shops carrying tennis-apperal is on equal numbers with shops in Mexico carrying Bandy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandy)-stuff

This makes it impossible to try the items before order and this is a risk everytime i buy an crew, sleeveless or t-shirt. The inconsistence of Nike´s sizing is amazing. For example, I bought the first gen "You cannot be serious" t-shirt in red in size Large and it was tighter then a Sampras-Corretja US Open tiebreaker. So I orderd from the new collection a You cannot be serious t-shirt and this time the XL was extremely big and the Large was just perfect. The size difference of the old vs the new(er) Large was very big.

Same on some sleeveless and crew´s.. Sometimes the XL is large as an house, and sometimes short and tight. It´s virtually impossible to know what size to get.

Wouldn´t it be good if TW or nike clearly stated on the item-description how the size is? Like they do on shoes for example? And how come Nike changes their sizes within the sizes so to say so much between the batches? I mean, a Large should always be a large.

Do you get what i mean or does my Swedish-style thinking / writing leave u flat-footed?

Alex75
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I couldn't agree more!
between the différent materials (100% coton, coton/polyester mix, 100%polyester etc) and the different cuts (normal or slim fit), it's almost now impossible to be sure that the item is gonna be the right size...

Admerr
09-03-2010, 02:56 AM
I agree.

That's why I rarely order clothes online unless I can order two sizes, then return the one that doesn't fit.

I recently ordered a pair of Nike shorts that ended up being correct on the length. When I put them on, my wife started laughing because they looked like they were made for someone with a backside like Serena's. I'm 6'1", 170. In no way was I even close to filling those out.

The_Question
09-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes sir, this has been an ongoing problem w/Nike, particularly with different manufacturing facilities. It's always a risk for me to order online w/o trying it out. Wish Nike would actually stick w/the same sizing for all of their lines, including every season / collections...

actennis
09-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Amen. As a tall skinny guy (6'3", 175 lbs) this is an ongoing struggle I find to be relentlessly annoying. Shorts sizing has been the same way the last few years, absolutely horrible even in the exact same shorts. In the 90's all the Nike gear was pretty close in sizing, the Agassi and Sampras stuff was cut pretty close to the same. You at least knew what you were going to get.

West Coast Ace
09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes sir, this has been an ongoing problem w/Nike, particularly with different manufacturing facilities.Do you have proof of this 'different facility' theory? I think they are just trying slim cuts this year. The Rush/Crush spring blue/yellow shirts were very long and thin. (Heard Rafa's AO shirts were too - didn't buy any). As were some others. I don't mind Nike trying something different - the easy solution would be for the internet sellers to list physical dimensions in addition to the sizes. TW had a warning about the cut being different than normal.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Summer_Victory_Crew/descpageMANIKE-NMSRCC.html

Racquet Daddy
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
This year I've noticed the same thing. I buy everything Medium, and the Nike Swoosh cotton/poly tees are getting longer and baggier than previous years'. I'm 5'10", 155 and I can't do longer and baggier. Frustrating.

shanx
09-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Do you have proof of this 'different facility' theory?

I agree with the different cuts between different facilities. While they are not huge and drastic differences (like a slim fit vs. regular fit), they are noticeable enough to be annoying. I tried on two Nike "Legend" Tshirts, which are their basic Drifit shirts, at Sports Authority. One was made in Mexico and one was made in Honduras and they had different cuts. I don't remember now which was which, but one was a bit looser in the arms and shoulder area. They were the same color, same item number, and everything.