PDA

View Full Version : Arm friendly players w.spin

niku
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi! I'm currently playing w. HPS 6.1, but my problems are lack of enough spin and a hurting arm on serves. So, I'd like to find a nice "players" racquet, with good spin potential, good feel and nice on your arm.
The current HPS 6.1 has a decent feel, but I suppose there are nicer ones out there. I know generating spin has a lot to do with technique, but still I'd like a racquet that would give more spin than the HPS 6.1. :confused:
Any good suggestions?

Kirko
05-29-2005, 11:38 PM
POG longbody this is what I switched to for its big spin & very freindly to the arm. your're right technique is what ultimately delivers spin, but combine techinque with a racket that has a proclivity for spin to begin with & watch out !

monologuist
05-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Slazenger x-1, Volkl Tour 10 (any of the 3 different ones), Yonex RDX-500, Dunlop 200g, Vantage "custom"

andirez
05-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Hit with the Prince O3 Tour last week and it really is a nice and comfortable racquet which has access to easy spin (has a 16x18 string pattern). It is a lot lighter though than what you are used to.
It will not feel as crisp as your HPS 6.1, it feels al lot more muted but I like it (personally did not like the 6.1, much too harsh on the arm but it has been a couple of years since I tested it)

bee
05-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I don't know if it will provide more spin than your HPS 6.1, but I have been very impressed with the spin I'm getting from my modified LM Prestige MP. I've modified it significantly as follows: Took padded handle off, applied lead tape to 6 of the sides of handle, built up butt of handle some with 1/2" adhesive tape, put black tape on upper handle then a Tournagrip XL from butt up as far as it'd go. Applied just a little lead tape to head at 3 and 9 o'clock. Strung it with Babolat VS 17 team gut at 54# and applied Babolat string savers.

It's very nice when modified this way. Much like my Head Classic MP's but with a lighter head which seems to provide more spin potential despite the dense string pattern. I moved away from the Head Classic MP's and mids because I found the Wilson PS Original 95 (modified also as about like above) more spin friendly. But, I do find Wilson racquets do be generally harsher and more board-like when compared to the Head Prestige line. So, I'm delighted to have this modified LM Prestige MP that I'm getting good spin with but has that Head flex and comfort. It just feels so much better for the arm. It actually feels more flexible than the Head Classics I played with for some years. Without the significant added weight, it's too light and I do understand why many feel it's not a solid feeling racquet in stock format.

Just sharing my experience with you. I'm a bit fan of putting lead tape on the naked handle then wrapping it without a padded handle. Great feel and sharp bevels. But, you have to start with a handle size one or two sizes larger. The extra weight in the handle seems to help with spin generation.

Take care of your arm and shoulder!