PDA

View Full Version : newb stringing failure

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey guys,
I got my stringing machine in the mail last night(gamma progression 200, basically a gamma x-2 but not really). I set it up and tried to start a 2 piece stringing job on a triple thream scream. I'm a complete mess......got to mounting the racquet, cut the strings into 2 20 ft parts, and...thats basically where I am.I looked at the usra digest manual thingy that came with my stringer:confused:didnt make much sense to me, after that, I went onto youtube and looked up yulittle's videos and those didnt make much sense to me either....there's a LOT of amazing stringers here so I'm asking you guys for help?!?!? I'm determined atleast to get one racquet strung today so could you guys help me out?

struggle
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
well, what seems to be the problem?

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
ok...so I started on the mains, according to yulittle and the digest since my racquet has 3 pairs at the throat, I should start at the throat..then Im supposed to divide my string into 2 10 feet segments for two halfs of the mains(but not cut them)...I can do that fine and dandy...after that i kind of have no idea what the heck im doing...

drakulie
09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
go to the silent partner website. They have step-by-step instructions of how to string.

goran_ace
09-03-2010, 08:52 AM
do you have a starting clamp? look for his video on how to start/tension your first mains. study the video before you try it.

take your time. try to do it right the first time. don't rush. speed will come in time with practice/experience.

goran_ace
09-03-2010, 08:53 AM
go to the silent partner website. They have step-by-step instructions of how to string.

does silent partner's instructions require use of their 'starting pin'?

drakulie
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
^^^I'm not sure. You would need to go on there and read the instructions. It is a very basick step by step guide to the stringing process of an entire frame.

Irvin
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I know this manual is not for your stringer but the x-2 but they should be similar.

http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/X-2.pdf

Look at the instructions in there and see if it helps you any.

Irvin

coachrick
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
That little hurricane thingy might be having an effect on your chi. You've gotten some good tips. Make sure the frame is mounted securely and be sure to alternate (side to side) your mainstring installation. Carry on. Each mistake simply means you've found a way NOT to do it...it's only bad if you don't/can't fix it. Good luck!

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
do you have a starting clamp? look for his video on how to start/tension your first mains. study the video before you try it.

take your time. try to do it right the first time. don't rush. speed will come in time with practice/experience.

whats a starting clamp? my machine just came with 2 flying clamps(i think thats what they are called)
thank you so much for all of your help!everyone on this thread!!

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 09:28 AM

thank you so much for this! this was the easiest guide ever!

Irvin
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Here is a video that may help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81W09ntiYO8

Irvin

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Here is a video that may help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81W09ntiYO8

Irvin

Thanks! It helped me a lot, and I went to the gamma website and found the manual for my stringing machine too(didnt even realize there would be one until you told me)

struggle
09-03-2010, 10:50 AM
it can be done without, but consider getting yourself a starting clamp.
great for pulling knots tight too! sometimes wish i had two of them!

GPB
09-03-2010, 01:17 PM
does silent partner's instructions require use of their 'starting pin'?

silent partner doesn't come with a starting pin. that's klippermate, mate.

Parker512
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey guys,
I got my stringing machine in the mail last night(gamma progression 200, basically a gamma x-2 but not really). I set it up and tried to start a 2 piece stringing job on a triple thream scream. I'm a complete mess......got to mounting the racquet, cut the strings into 2 20 ft parts, and...thats basically where I am.I looked at the usra digest manual thingy that came with my stringer:confused:didnt make much sense to me, after that, I went onto youtube and looked up yulittle's videos and those didnt make much sense to me either....there's a LOT of amazing stringers here so I'm asking you guys for help?!?!? I'm determined atleast to get one racquet strung today so could you guys help me out?

Saves you from paying $70 for a hybrid job that you had to pay before.

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
16 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,8H
One Piece
No shared holes
The racquet that I'm stringing right now has that as the stringing info^but I'm doing a two piece string-job..what do i skip now? and is there an easy way to figure out what the 8t and 8h are?

Irvin
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Skip 8 head and throat. Count the grommet hole from the center and skip the eight one on each side at the head and throat. You first 7 mains on each side with go through the first 7 holes top and bottom. You 8th cross will go through the 9th grommet holes. The top cross will go through 8H and the bottom cross will go through 8T.

Irvin

philosoraptor
09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks!!!!

philosoraptor
09-04-2010, 04:47 AM
sorry for the bump, finished my first good stringjob last night.strung up a set of gamma zo power 17 at 40/45.thanks so much for all your help