PDA

View Full Version : Build up grip?

twocents
05-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Would the balance or anything else be affected if I bought an AeroPro Drive PLUS with a 4 1/4 grip and build it up to a 4 3/8 with just overgrips? I know Babolats grips are a little bigger anyway.
thanks

Gaines Hillix
05-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Total weight, balance and swingweight will all change if you add overgrips. If you only have to add one, you probably won't notice it. If you need to add two OGs you may notice the weight and the handle shape may be more rounded. The Babolat handles used to run a little large, but I haven't heard that the newer models do.

Michelangelo
05-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Be aware that too many layers of overgrip will give spongy feel of the stick handle and affect the touch/feel of your beloved stick (especially true for those come with non-leather original grip). Gonna tennis shop and ask the technician for either heat shrink sleeve or non-elastic tape to get the grip size job would be better in most cases. It's only a 5-min job. Just $1 or 2 and you should also have the right to ask them to further adjust the size till you find what fits you the most for free.

twocents
05-31-2005, 04:58 AM
Thanks for respnding Gaines and Michaelanegelo