PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help

william7gr
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Im stringing a racquet for a customer and for the first time ever I ran out of string. I got to the last cross and need about 8 more inches. Im shocked that this happened. I assume i need to just cut it out and start over but is there anyway i can salvage this job. Help me quick im cutting out in 5 minutes.

william7gr
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
i really need to go so since most of the racquet is strung im just going to leave in mounted. when I get back im going to cut the crosses and tie off the last main on the long side and do the crosses with another set. Ill be able to check this thread so let me know if theres anything wrong with this plan.

Parker512
09-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Take innechative. Carpe Diem (sieze the day).

Doubles
09-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Take innechative. Carpe Diem (sieze the day).

Initiative* Jesus, learn how to spell.
Either start over, or call your customer and see if they wouldn't mind if you do a hybrid. Though, if you have the string to start over, just cut off enough to do the crosses...

dancraig
09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Im stringing a racquet for a customer and for the first time ever I ran out of string. I got to the last cross and need about 8 more inches. Im shocked that this happened. I assume i need to just cut it out and start over but is there anyway i can salvage this job. Help me quick im cutting out in 5 minutes.

If you have enough to weave the last cross, but not enough to reach the tensioner, you can use a "bridge" to make it work. You can bridge it by tying a scrap piece of string to the "too short" end and pull tension that way. You can do the same thing, better and easier, by using a starting clamp or a floating clamp as the bridge. Put the "too short" end in one side of the clamp and a scrap piece of string in the other.
For this method to work, you will need to have enough string to weave the last cross and then tie off.

william7gr
09-04-2010, 08:34 PM
^^^^^^thanks i know what you mean but i missed it by 5 inches. i was out half way through the last cross.

dancraig
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
You're welcome.

Irvin
09-05-2010, 02:32 AM
I would cut it out and start over. You could clamp the long side main cut out the crosses and tie off the long side and start 2 piece

Irvin

william7gr
09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for your suggestions guys but I did just cut it out to start over. I was doing an ATW pattern so it was better to just start over.