PDA

View Full Version : sponsered

hayop
05-30-2005, 08:40 AM
i read one of the other sponsored posts and i was wonderin. im play 14's in norcal and im rankedaround 270. could i get a sponser. if not , what ranking can i get to get a sponser

AndrewD
05-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Have a very careful read and pay attention to the advice/ information given to Aj in the recent thread on sponsorship. That should give you a very good idea as to whether or not you're likely to be successful. There are quite a number of different types of sponsorship and assistance available, however, it is becoming far more difficult to get one from the larger companies.

Before you do bother to go looking for sponsorship, ask yourself if you really need it. Given your ranking the best you could hope for, with the more recognised brands, is a preferred player deal. That will still require you to spend an amount of money.

A recent Wilson pp deal was $250 for two racquets, 15 packs of string, bag, stencil and ink. It is a big saving but you can still do very well buying the things for yourself. Places like TW and **** have made it very easy to buy tennis related products at a very cheap price without committing yourself to any one brand. You might spend an extra $100 but it saves you all the time and effort of chasing up a sponsor when you'd be better served working on your game and getting the kind of results that will have an offer made to you.

hayop
05-31-2005, 05:32 PM
i know that, i read the advice u gave to aj, however i would like to know how to get a package deal from tennis brands. i would like to know the ranking u need to get those packages and other info. i want to know becaus i really cant afford rackets and other equipment